Game Development: Summer Mound

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Summer Mound

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:21 pm

Regular movement mechanics are fine, port that shit over to skiis. Why reinvent the wheel a 17th time instead of using what works?
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:34 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Regular movement mechanics are fine, port that shit over to skiis. Why reinvent the wheel a 17th time instead of using what works?

is this satire or did you forget how every other thing in this game has ever been developed?
Zentetsuken

Postby jorb » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:52 pm

No patch tonight. Will push on Tuesday as previously hinted at.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:14 pm

jorb wrote:No patch tonight. Will push on Tuesday as previously hinted at.

Oki, thanks
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby certace » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:58 am

Possibly they care little or nothing about my opinion, but rather than doing this (what's the point of planting next to a pile of shit or a ball of fire) why not make crops seasonal? If they want to put the mechanics of crops into winter, I think that would be better than allowing the cultivation of anything, so the greenhouses would preserve their function, and people would wait for winter to be able to plant those vegetables that would only grow in it, the idea of ​​the Rare animals would also be good, a mini boss that roams the forests, the dangerous bear that doesn't winter, polar bears, a white boar as one said, or what do I know, a damn giant squirrel with ice fangs, but let them be things unique to winter, not to add the rest of the mechanics to winter, but to make it different...
certace

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:30 pm

Where is poll about things/mechanic u want to add to the game? Or you gonna work for 2 weeks then rollback?
W11 - The Friend Zone
W13 - Monke
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Sephiron » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:40 am

noindyfikator wrote:

Where is poll about things/mechanic u want to add to the game? Or you gonna work for 2 weeks then rollback?

viewforum.php?f=48
Sephiron

Postby ItsFunToLose » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:41 am

I think Jorb and Loftar are actually really good at designing systems that work together well. I love this game just the way it is, flaws and all. This thanksgiving I just wanted to say that I'm grateful for the game you have created. Truly, thank you. Blessed. Based.

That being said, I think w15 should launch in the middle of winter with the introduction of a lethal temperature mechanic. Would vibe af.
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

Postby Liss12 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:17 am

Well thats awful. Lot of extra busywork during winter if you want to stay in Q race. Do we really deserve all of this?
Liss12

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:43 pm

ItsFunToLose wrote:I think Jorb and Loftar are actually really good at designing systems that work together well. I love this game just the way it is, flaws and all. This thanksgiving I just wanted to say that I'm grateful for the game you have created. Truly, thank you. Blessed. Based.

That being said, I think w15 should launch in the middle of winter with the introduction of a lethal temperature mechanic. Would vibe af.

very good at designing systems

after evert patch there is discussion about new changes, people don't like them, want them in different formula. Why don't do that from beginning
W11 - The Friend Zone
W13 - Monke
noindyfikator

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements