Game Development: Fluid Incline

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Fluid Incline

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:03 am

widelec_szatana wrote:Candleberries exist, its not that hard to get them if you have big swamps nearby. I remember early world it took us like 2-3 days of irregural(no botting) visits to swamps to get a 100.r

kinda 33 candleberry every day = 33 jumps to swamp if you are very lucky (66-99 if not) but you can only 48 if doing it every 30m... sounds as very fun gameplay
ctopolon4

Postby bondowondo » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:06 am

you guys really need to stop adding all this pointless shit that nobody is even going to bother with for the most part because like EVERY mechanic you add its an afterthought at best, and start focusing on making the game more playable. seriously, spend a few months making it so we dont have to spend 90% of our time on a wiki filled with lies and outdated nonsense, turn steel making into an ACTUAL process not just "come back every 8-12 hours and stick more sticks in it", i mean theres so much wrong with the game and instead of fixing ANY of it, you guys just keep slapping more half-hearted barely functional new mechanics on and filling the game with more bottom tier curios and trash tier equipment, and all these stupid ass hats.
bondowondo

Postby Sephiron » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:03 pm

bondowondo wrote:you guys really need to stop adding all this pointless shit that nobody is even going to bother with for the most part because like EVERY mechanic you add its an afterthought at best, and start focusing on making the game more playable. seriously, spend a few months making it so we dont have to spend 90% of our time on a wiki filled with lies and outdated nonsense, turn steel making into an ACTUAL process not just "come back every 8-12 hours and stick more sticks in it", i mean theres so much wrong with the game and instead of fixing ANY of it, you guys just keep slapping more half-hearted barely functional new mechanics on and filling the game with more bottom tier curios and trash tier equipment, and all these stupid ass hats.

Explain? This update didn't add anything, it just fixed/improved what was already in. Are you upset because they didn't work on specifically the things that you wanted?
ctopolon4 wrote:mb switch hardened leather to brimstone into minehole recipe? (timegate * timegate * movespeed = gameplay)

Please fucking don't. I don't want to post up an alt at every geyser and keep track of all the times to log in just to get jumped by someone actually needing brimstone for legitimate reasons. Wax is easy, you suck at the game, get over it.
Sephiron

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:40 pm

Sephiron wrote:post up an alt at every geyser

yeah i dont use alts for harvesting rare resources, chip, chop, paving, refueling, checking spots, &everything... mb thats why i suck at the game &wax &etc?
ctopolon4

Postby The_Blode » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:33 pm

ctopolon4 wrote:

yeah i dont use alts for harvesting rare resources, chip, chop, paving, refueling, checking spots, &everything... mb thats why i suck at the game &wax &etc?

i'm preettty sure it's mostly your entitlement and stubbornness at play in this thread
The_Blode

Postby KwonChiMin » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:16 pm

bondowondo wrote:you guys really need to stop adding all this pointless shit that nobody is even going to bother with for the most part because like EVERY mechanic you add its an afterthought at best, and start focusing on making the game more playable. seriously, spend a few months making it so we dont have to spend 90% of our time on a wiki filled with lies and outdated nonsense, turn steel making into an ACTUAL process not just "come back every 8-12 hours and stick more sticks in it", i mean theres so much wrong with the game and instead of fixing ANY of it, you guys just keep slapping more half-hearted barely functional new mechanics on and filling the game with more bottom tier curios and trash tier equipment, and all these stupid ass hats.

its just a right time to return to Minecraft, my dude..
KwonChiMin

Postby vatas » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:15 pm

bondowondo wrote:spend a few months making it so we dont have to spend 90% of our time on a wiki filled with lies and outdated nonsense

Admittedly there was this incident where wiki page was so unacceptably bad that someone died.

However, I would be much more concerned about this thing that Jorb could probably fix in 15 minutes.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Sephiron » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:31 pm

ctopolon4 wrote:

Yes
Sephiron

Postby bondowondo » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:41 pm

Sephiron wrote:

Explain? This update didn't add anything, it just fixed/improved what was already in. Are you upset because they didn't work on specifically the things that you wanted?
ctopolon4 wrote:mb switch hardened leather to brimstone into minehole recipe? (timegate * timegate * movespeed = gameplay)

Please fucking don't. I don't want to post up an alt at every geyser and keep track of all the times to log in just to get jumped by someone actually needing brimstone for legitimate reasons. Wax is easy, you suck at the game, get over it.

pointless mound bed nonsense added a few updates ago instead of just making garden pots better, or making existing mechanics such as greenhouses useful by giving them the same functionality being split into mound beds.

vatas wrote:
bondowondo wrote:spend a few months making it so we dont have to spend 90% of our time on a wiki filled with lies and outdated nonsense

Admittedly there was this incident where wiki page was so unacceptably bad that someone died.

However, I would be much more concerned about this thing that Jorb could probably fix in 15 minutes.

exactly the kind of stuff im talking about. the game makes no attempt to explain almost anything, from the extremely basic to the extremely convoluted and nearly impossible to figure out without someone datamining that shit. the makers of the game make no effort to explain this shit except through a sporadic sprinkling of posts in some threads that get burried as soon as their no longer pinned, and even then it tends to be more vague bullshit than outright explanations. i think i get it, clearly they dont actually want people to play their game outside of a relatively small group of botters, who the game seems to be made for.
bondowondo

Postby Sephiron » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:48 pm

Bruh quit playing then. Mound beds are useful for some people. Yes, greenhouses need work but if they release new functionality for greenhouses are you just going to complain about that? Once again I'll reiterate, you are just upset because the update isn't specifically tailored to you or your wishes. Fixing the about page is not a game update.
Sephiron

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements