Game Development: Fluid Incline

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Fluid Incline

Postby whitehead1771 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:36 am

broke Enders flat cupboards...booo

But ya nice update
whitehead1771

Postby Sephiron » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:52 am

BROOOOOOOO ANOTHER ENGINE UPDATE!!! LETS GOOOOOOO
Dropping/losing your birchbark kuksa in water is 100% the most frustrating memory I have of this game when I started playing 12 years ago. I'm very happy you found a good solution for everyone. I also like that "O no I'm being assaulted, better drop all of my shit into the shore so nobody wins" is no longer a viable griefing strategy. The inclined object thing isn't very noticeable but it's a nice touch, hurts nobody so can't complain. Would be cool if you applied it to some stockpiles (not all for obvious reasons) so I don't have a pile of floating sticks laying around :D
By how much did you increase the mound bed output btw? I may actually start using them to maintain a steadier flow of curios
Sephiron

Postby jordancoles » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:00 am

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ctopolon4 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:09 am

hunting & questing update when?

i just killed mammoth with my naked 22q bronzeSword character, and have "find fkn marble on lvl1 or lvl2" & "pick spring stuff at summer" quests

P.S. wax update when? why wax is so rare when you need it same as leather amount? (can we have harded leather from mammoth like from troll hide? or boiled sheepskin as option... or distilated tar...)
ctopolon4

Postby ItsFunToLose » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:21 am

ctopolon4 wrote:hunting & questing update when?

i just killed mammoth with my naked 22q bronzeSword character, and have "find fkn marble on lvl1 or lvl2" & "pick spring stuff at summer" quests

P.S. wax update when? why wax is so rare when you need it same as leather amount? (can we have harded leather from mammoth like from troll hide? or boiled sheepskin as option... or distilated tar...)

wax is rare for the first 2 weeks of the world. It literally feeds back into an exponentially exploding system that creates as much wax as you want as soon as you can craft your first skep.

More skeps make more bee larva, which makes more skeps, which makes more bee larva, which makes more skeps which makes it really hard for me to believe you can kill mammoth and still have such a severe lack of understanding of the core systems involved. That's like saying pumpkin seed update when? Pumpkins are so rare. How Do I get more pumpkins?

If I'm going to get shit on for not understanding how combat works after hundreds of hours of gameplay, why do PvPers get a free pass on not understanding how farming works? At least your ignorance isn't fatal.
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

Postby ctopolon4 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:59 am

ItsFunToLose wrote:More skeps make more bee larva, which makes more skeps, which makes more bee larva, which makes more skeps

im just saying its stupid tedium & timegate mechanic (you can make 999leather at 2day but you will have only 1-2-4-... wax per week, when you need 10-20-40 wax per week only to develop mine)
like 1 timegate with mine pyre is not enough ...
and have an option to make armor + travellerSacks and wait another week for bronze\steel\gold is ridiculous...
just close your game for 3d and wait until your straw grows.... best gameplay ever (same as replant 500 tiles every day for 10wax)
best farm seems to farming weekly hats & trade them for top tier stuff (you dont even need to run the game to farm hats)
ctopolon4

Postby Jons » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:04 pm

Hello everyone, I have just joined.
This game is really something .... unconventional.
Thank you very much for your art and I look forward to discovering more in the game.

Cya
Jons

Postby TheUltimateC » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:21 pm

you know what'd be nice? with these increaingly more often animated hats, would be nice if the update banner was animated too. Gives a chance to see what the hat looks like when animated, also gives a chance to show of the ambient animation of whatever is present in this update. :)
TheUltimateC

Postby stya » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:27 pm

ctopolon4 wrote:
ItsFunToLose wrote:More skeps make more bee larva, which makes more skeps, which makes more bee larva, which makes more skeps

im just saying its stupid tedium & timegate mechanic (you can make 999leather at 2day but you will have only 1-2-4-... wax per week, when you need 10-20-40 wax per week only to develop mine)
like 1 timegate with mine pyre is not enough ...
and have an option to make armor + travellerSacks and wait another week for bronze\steel\gold is ridiculous...
just close your game for 3d and wait until your straw grows.... best gameplay ever (same as replant 500 tiles every day for 10wax)
best farm seems to farming weekly hats & trade them for top tier stuff (you dont even need to run the game to farm hats)

If you can get 999 leather at day 2 you can easily get 40 wax per week, just sayin...
stya

Postby ItsFunToLose » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:47 pm

Fuck time gating. I don't want to wait for anything. If I can't have 999 wax on day 2, this game is literally unplayable. I am boycotting this dogshit trash of a game until they implement a dev mode where every player can spawn in any item they want at any quality they want in any quantity they want at the push of a button. I can't believe I have to explain myself, why don't you agree with me about everything? I am clearly right. Wax is stupid and I should be able to use leather in all recipes asking for wax interchangeably. I killed a mammoth with a q22 bronze sword today, I know what I am talking about.
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements