Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stack of Stacks

Postby leeharvy » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:48 pm

so wtf are we doing here? old bundles are not a thing any more?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-08 124745.png
Screenshot 2023-03-08 124745.png (220.89 KiB) Viewed 221 times
leeharvy

Postby jorb » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:08 pm

dagrimreefah wrote:Ender's drink button (which doesn't work anymore) was so much better than this "drink on your hotkey belt" bullshit...

How did that work?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:10 pm

jorb wrote:
dagrimreefah wrote:Ender's drink button (which doesn't work anymore) was so much better than this "drink on your hotkey belt" bullshit...

How did that work?

It just scans for any available container with drinkable contents in any available inventory (not open containers, I think,) and sends it a right click -> drink. Right now it can only see your inventory proper, while previously it could see inside your belt too.

Edit: Any time someone said "drink hotkey" this is more or less explicitly what they were asking for.
Last edited by Audiosmurf on Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby bumfrog » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:12 pm

jorb wrote:

How did that work?

One may bind a dedicated Drink hotkey as one does for Inventory (Tab), rather than making it a hotbar icon.

Also can take from any container, rather than having to bind one for each container.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby reexar77 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:19 pm

jorb wrote:

How did that work?

People complain about the current drink button because aparently just simply adding a keybind for drinking allows you to use it in combat instead of it being a action in the adventure menu that's the only difference I understood so far from multiple explanations.

the drink button in custom clients works by simply allowing you to bind a key as an example : ( ` ) for instance and you can use the key while moving even in combat.

Might seem stupid but reviewing some of the loved features of custom clients might help, the default one is good but there's lots of features apparently the community has in mind for it to become even better than custom ones( a lot of people claim in order to even be able to play the game a custom client is a must, I don't think this as much nowadays but for example in legacy it made a difference as big as day and night.

Ender is the most stable custom client since legacy to this very day.
The Infamous Alex A.K.A The Lion , The Fallen King , Destroyer of Worlds , Taker of women , Down under criminal , That one guy who forgets to bring his axe , Also lover of kittens and cupcakes , Stalker of mammoths and harvester of moss , Dispatcher of Russians , Rider of Buttstalion , Basement troll , Slayer of honeybuns , Romanian bane of nature
reexar77

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:25 pm

smartins wrote:Custom client development and its consequences have been a disaster for the hearthling race
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby dagrimreefah » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:30 pm

jorb wrote:How did that work?

What they said, particularly:
It just scans for any available container with drinkable contents in any available inventory
dagrimreefah

Postby fallout » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:15 pm

Are people binding things like Dig and not just hitting [A]-[D]?

or binding drink and not hitting [A]-[R]?

Destroy [A]-[Y]

inspect [A]-[S]

Cattle [A]-[C]

Heck I even mine [A]-[M]

then theres the base building ones

[A][N][V]
[A][N][D]
[A][N][p]
[A][N][L]

If you use [A][i] to fish or [A][L] to lift you're crazy tho
fallout

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:21 pm

fallout wrote:Are people binding things like Dig and not just hitting [A]-[D]?

or binding drink and not hitting [A]-[R]?

Destroy [A]-[Y]

inspect [A]-[S]

Cattle [A]-[C]

Heck I even mine [A]-[M]

then theres the base building ones

[A][N][V]
[A][N][D]
[A][N][p]
[A][N][L]

If you use [A][i] to fish or [A][L] to lift you're crazy tho

I've personally just been using more or less the same comfy binds since like 2011 so they're more intuitive to me than the menu shortcuts. :)

NORMALIZE IT
Audiosmurf

Postby _Scipio » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:31 pm

fallout wrote:Destroy [A]-[Y]

you would want to have destroy or lift bound in the case that seconds count to lift or destroy something, it may be the difference between you getting knocked out/knocking them out

also prevents menu fuckery like starting on the wrong page and doing some complete different action
mizdirector89 wrote: No, their version of 'interrogating' was just saying 'speak up, you better talk' over and over while they killed our characters.

Warriors of Annihilation
_Scipio

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements