Game Development: Realm of Toads

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Realm of Toads

Postby jorb » Sun May 28, 2023 10:04 pm

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Giant Toads may now appear, enthroned on boulders, lording over a kingdom of flowers. They may also disappear!

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Fixed a bug by which it was possible to maintain perpetual challenges against realms by walling off War flags. War Flags are now gradually lowered over time whenever they fail to trace a path to their challenged Thingwall, disappearing if their flag is lowered entirely. Flags now graphically begin midway up the pole to compensate, but this implies no change to the actual timers involved.
  • Realms which lose their final province will have their coronation stone destroyed some time, approximately eight RL hours, or one ingame day, thereafter.
  • Realms founded in the capital province of another realm now abide by the normal rules of Realm challenge windows, and may no longer challenge for control of the province during every challenge window.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Ash produced from extinguishing firebrands is now created at half the quality of the Firebrand.
  • Tree Seeds now stack 4 units high.
  • Redrew various icons under the "Furniture" build menu in higher resolution.
  • Male and Female "Silk Moth"s no longer stack together, which should prevent eggs from ending up in silkmoth stacks. Existing such stacks are unaffected.

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Item, for the fair price of $9, is the "Blades of Grass".

Store Description wrote:Image$9 Born of a warm breeze, and scattering scents of summer wherever it goes.

All Gold subscribers have been awarded the "Blades of Grass", free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Again urging any custom client maker who wishes to stay relevant to get with the new rendering times. Support for the old resources will be dropped at some point.
  • Our primary development direction is toward object-controlled-objects.
  • Time to... like us on Facebook?
  • Time to... follow us on Twitter?

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Realm of Toads

Postby Oddity » Sun May 28, 2023 10:05 pm

based 3rd update of the year
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby Gigapower » Sun May 28, 2023 10:09 pm

forg
Gigapower

Postby NomadKahn » Sun May 28, 2023 10:12 pm

tode
NomadKahn

Postby MrBunzy » Sun May 28, 2023 10:17 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Ash produced from extinguishing firebrands is now created at half the quality of the Firebrand.

Seems like a pretty substantial nerf to soap clay, and by extension most aspects of industry spiraling. Maybe wait till a world reset before pushing this change? Gonna set progress back by a bit and whoever has the best kiln as of this patch will be at a significant advantage in the quality race.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun May 28, 2023 10:18 pm

realms bad and developing for them is a waste of time
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Sun May 28, 2023 10:22 pm

Amazing fix! Walling off flags was way too cheesy.
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby Noon575 » Sun May 28, 2023 10:23 pm

Other Stackable items...

Troll Mushrooms, Tabacco leaves

= : )
Noon575

Postby Oddity » Sun May 28, 2023 10:29 pm

MrBunzy wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Ash produced from extinguishing firebrands is now created at half the quality of the Firebrand.

Seems like a pretty substantial nerf to soap clay, and by extension most aspects of industry spiraling. Maybe wait till a world reset before pushing this change? Gonna set progress back by a bit and whoever has the best kiln as of this patch will be at a significant advantage in the quality race.

is grinding firebrands actually the main way people get quality ash?
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby MrBunzy » Sun May 28, 2023 10:38 pm

Oddity wrote:is grinding firebrands actually the main way people get quality ash?

Sadly yes. It's prohibitively monotonous without a script for it, but none of the other ash methods come close. Removing it is a good update, but not mid-world imo.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Next

Return to Announcements