Game Development: Loose Velvet

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Loose Velvet

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:35 am

noindyfikator wrote:I would rather play the game and be more productive than watch youtube meanwhile my character mine. Isn't it the point of modern games to actually encourage players to play a game instead of have it running in background?

Hunt at the same time as you mine
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:14 am

Nightdawg wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:I would rather play the game and be more productive than watch youtube meanwhile my character mine. Isn't it the point of modern games to actually encourage players to play a game instead of have it running in background?

That's the solution, I've seen this in many MMO games! Imagine not mining, hunting, farming, fishing, spitroasting, foraging all together on 6 different accounts. That's great gameplay experience and standard in current days.

I miss old times when I was doing raids in wow on different 40 accounts, it was the best time in my life.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby vatas » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:45 pm

I understand why people might scuff against something called "YouTube mining" but think of the opposite: you have 1000 tiles to mine. Monotonously, except you need to constantly look at mine support HP (you still need to, but they have more HP and you get indicator on how much damage is being dealt with the audio cue and can visually check which pillar took it) and be ready snap to action in case slimes spawn (compared to now being stopped by the loose rock spawning, which gives you an option to break them and deal with whatever spawns, or do something else because you can't or don't want to deal with them right now.)

TL;DR: Task being monotonous, yet still requiring constant oversight, is also BAD.

EDIT: noticed that SnuggleSnail pointed out the exact thing on the previous page. He probably did a better job at it too, with that RuneScape comparison/example.
Last edited by vatas on Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:07 pm

noindyfikator wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:

That's the solution, I've seen this in many MMO games! Imagine not mining, hunting, farming, fishing, spitroasting, foraging all together on 6 different accounts. That's great gameplay experience and standard in current days.

I miss old times when I was doing raids in wow on different 40 accounts, it was the best time in my life.

So should all tasks in this game require 24/7 eyes glued to the screen?
I guess jorb should make the 48 hours of steel burning be a mobile game in which you blow air into the crucible with random patterns, and if you fail for more than 10 seconds, you lose your steel.

Hunting is a task that requires the attention, but that doesn't mean everything should be like that.
Perhaps we should even have a photosynthesis mechanic for each individual crop, in which I have to do the fucking process for the plant to use sunlight, and if I fail, the crop dies. Oh and it should be for each individual crop.

lmao
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby eliminoid » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:39 pm

Nightdawg wrote:I guess jorb should make the 48 hours of steel burning be a mobile game in which you blow air into the crucible with random patterns, and if you fail for more than 10 seconds, you lose your steel.

idc i'll just bot this
Hi
eliminoid

Postby pawnchito » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:25 am

youtube mining is removing boulders spawning every 14th and a third tile?

Awesome stacks on dirt tho
pawnchito

Postby DonVelD » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:08 pm

pawnchito wrote:youtube mining is removing boulders spawning every 14th and a third tile?

Awesome stacks on dirt tho

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=74247&hilit=boulder&start=150#p918445

not anymore i guess!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Tpukco » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:44 am

As a miner myself, I want to say that I love you, Jorbtar! Plz more underground content in future!
Tpukco

Postby Trev » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:04 pm

nice update.
thanks!
discord: trevorhnh
Trev

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:35 am

"this month" ended 3 months ago, any update of the boss consideration?
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements