Game Development: Loose Velvet

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Loose Velvet

Postby HarryDresden » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:30 am

Very solid update, happy to see it. I'm gonna break open so many Rock Piñatas.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby valeriesusanne » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:20 am

I really need to keep up with the announcements: Mined out a loose rock and thought wtf is this?
I'm glad I checked this out before I tried to destroy it (I tried picking it up first :D)
And absolutely had PTSD response to the falling rocks animation around the mine supports - especially since I just recovered from a cave in!
But hey, I love surprises :D

Terrific patch! Thanks!

(Cave hermit should be on every miner's to-do list - invaluable in dealing with trolls)
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:58 am

I'm feeling very #3 rn.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby syvelocin » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:05 am

Empty button is fine, but I have to say I miss the trough gauge.
syvelocin

Postby vatas » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:50 am

syvelocin wrote:Empty button is fine, but I have to say I miss the trough gauge.

Solution: add horizontal gauge to barrel UI.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Historical context

Postby vatas » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:57 am

About the "cycle of abuse" -thing, I have to admit that Jorb basically did this with the random boulders:

1) Throw a monkey wrench into an existing system.
2) Tell people to solve them by updating their bots.
3) Go radio silent for two years when people point out that everyone not botting just effectively lost area mining.

B-tier: Mining now
C-tier: Mining as it was before patch "Ghost Apple Gelatin" (2015-2021), Mining between auto-chip and "Loose Velvet" (2023-2023)
F-tier: Mining between "Ghost Apple Gelatin" and "whenever they finally hotfixed auto-chip into area mine" (2021-2023)

Mining was made much worse for TWO YEARS! Only benefit: can acquire boulders for Credo quests involving chipping (optionally, count cosmetic purposes now available.) Also these benefits are in the current iteration, you just have to manually stop your area-mining character if a desired boulder appears.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby rhzk » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:45 am

:P
rhzk

Postby gravesmerch » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:35 pm

so how many tiles is safe mining around this thing?

I forgot to test it when I spawned some slimes
gravesmerch

Postby jordancoles » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:29 am

Good patch
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Kaios » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:13 pm

jorb wrote:[*] "Food Trough"s are now effectively implemented as a specific type of barrel, meaning they will present the same GUI as barrels, complete with, most importantly, an "Empty" button.

Ok but can I still see the bar that indicates their fullness? That was useful and without it I realized I don't even know how full a trough can be.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements