Prelude: World 15

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 15

Postby loftar » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:38 pm

Medicgmodukr wrote:sooooo you can basically abuse digging with new characters. Create new, dig until 2500%, repeat

We imagined the main incentive for labor alts is preserving the hunger of other characters rather than getting the food. I'd imagine it's easier to just craft some simple foods than to make wilderness beacons to spawn alts anyway.

Sevenless wrote:Did you double check it doesn't impact variety? Abusing variety under 8k would be annoying. (turn it on/off again question, but I didn't see it explicitly mentioned)

Yes.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby pagsiu » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:39 pm

loftar wrote:We'll be trying a tweak to the food mechanic to make it easier to recover energy without ruining hunger. The changes are thus:

• New characters now start at full (10000%) energy.
  • If energy is below Healing (8000%) when eating, the only effect of eating is to gain energy. FEPs, hunger, satiations &c are only affected when eating while Healing.
  • The "hard-labor cap" (for digging and mining) has been set to 2500% energy instead of the current 5000%.

EXTREMELY based update, thank you! You just rekindled my motivation to play in 3 points.
Trapped here since W2.
Balin.
pagsiu

Postby Cayur » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:39 pm

INSANE CHANGE +1
Cayur

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:39 pm

incredible change, god bless
ChildhoodObesity

Postby HasseKebab » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:40 pm

loftar wrote:We imagined the main incentive for labor alts is preserving the hunger of other characters rather than getting the food. I'd imagine it's easier to just craft some simple foods than to make wilderness beacons to spawn alts anyway.

Extremely based
HasseKebab

Postby Renn_Sanor » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:43 pm

Any chance we could have hunger be a bar with sections for each 100% of satiety and food efficiency? Ik I could probably post this on ideas buts it filled with crap and its a small change
Renn_Sanor

Postby loftar » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:44 pm

Renn_Sanor wrote:Any chance we could have hunger be a bar with sections for each 100% of satiety and food efficiency? Ik I could probably post this on ideas buts it filled with crap and its a small change

I'm not sure I understand. Are you talking about a pure graphical change to add a scale to the meter?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:51 pm

WERE SO BACK!!
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Sevenless » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:53 pm

loftar wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Did you double check it doesn't impact variety? Abusing variety under 8k would be annoying. (turn it on/off again question, but I didn't see it explicitly mentioned)

Yes.

Awesome!
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:56 pm

Are there any weird implications to the character creation room? Up until now, starting at 5000% energy in there with nothing to eat prevented digging. If unchanged, I'm curious if this would allow for recovery of trash items in chargen.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements