Game Development: World 15

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 15

Postby HarryDresden » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:10 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:We should've did that much spam about it before the new world, not one week in tbh xD Those kind of changes even if good for the game will fuck with balance for the next 1-2 weeks so no wonder devs are not that into it.
Like, I can't recall anybody telling devs about it during the stream. (Not like that would affect anything since I spammed them about whaling, and they read it and then added it to "will consider" list, and here we are)

It was hard enough to get an energy fix which has been one of the best quality of life upgrades we've seen for such a simple change. Sure, it would've been nice if we rallied about it, but would it have been effective? It's better to take incremental gains and point out the huge issues as we can.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:13 pm

yeah fuck that, we already told them 2 weeks before the reset anyway
it is what it is lol
nice try everyone
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:40 pm

Nightdawg wrote:yeah fuck that, we already told them 2 weeks before the reset anyway

also like a year ago and another 200 times across the feasting complainy threads and also it was acknowledged during the stream
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby strpk0 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:45 pm

Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby VDZ » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:29 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:yeah fuck that, we already told them 2 weeks before the reset anyway

also like a year ago and another 200 times across the feasting complainy threads and also it was acknowledged during the stream

Bullshit. The first time anyone suggested inheriting hunger was a post by Nightdawg on page 3 of a general 'hunger sucks' thread, and nobody responded to it in any of the pages after. It then wasn't brought up again until yesterday (again by Nightdawg) and suddenly everybody is going "omg devs why aren't you doing this already we've been asking for this for ages!". You can't expect them to make such radical changes so suddenly, especially not at such a vital moment as a week after world start. If you all agreed with Nightdawg's approach, you should have voiced that agreement before the reset when he first proposed it, not a week after.

(The broader problem of starting with high hunger encouraging suicide to gain stats more efficiently was brought up as early as September 2015, but there has never been a clear consensus on how to best tackle this issue (that post suggests not having people start at 300% hunger, which I also think is the right solution, but not something you can still implement at this point).)
VDZ

Postby DonVelD » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:47 pm

hnghhhhh im gonna cum (all over ur post)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby strpk0 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:47 pm

xD
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:13 pm

o sry they only knew the problem existed and were heavily complained to about it for over a year but nobody (publicly) gave them this very specific example of how to bandaid fix it until a week ago so none of it counts

are you stupid?
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:31 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:Like, I can't recall anybody telling devs about it during the stream.

I told them to fix hungercide on the stream and loftar said "i didn't need to kill myself to gain stats :)"
DDDsDD999

Postby WowGain » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:49 am

VDZ wrote:duhhh im a giant idiot

you are incapable of not talking out of your ass- stop opening your big fat mouth when you know nothing about what you're trying to write essays about. this problem has been known and discussed with jorbtar to death since the early days of last world.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements