Game Development: Crafting Cartographer

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Crafting Cartographer

Postby gravesmerch » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:40 pm

if anyone is lost like me,
Icon Settings window:

now if we could choose the icon size would be neat

cave passage is huge for my screen
gravesmerch

Postby Ø » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:20 pm

Reiber wrote:
Pieczywo wrote:Forgotten Wicker Picker should be able to stack herbs.
now is almost useless for newbies as they dont see enought different herbs, and useless for better players who have some inventory space available as all other inventories stack herbs.

the way stacks are currently they are just little sub inventorys, practically the same as pelican pouches , and they have technical difficulty's, putting an sub inventory inside of sub inventorys,
once they figure that out surely wicker pickers will become ok again,

then again you can totally put 2 filled belts intoo an pelican pouch and carry them around in your inventory

I'm assuming the issue is the same with Creel. Either way, as a first time player, I love the Creel. SO much extra space! River Pearl Mussel? Don't mind if I do; takes no real inventory space for me, until the Creel is full anyway.
Ø

Postby Dawidio123 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:54 pm

Ø wrote:I'm assuming the issue is the same with Creel. Either way, as a first time player, I love the Creel. SO much extra space! River Pearl Mussel? Don't mind if I do; takes no real inventory space for me, until the Creel is full anyway.

Creels are arguably still useful since they don't use hand slot and you can put unstackable fishing supplies there. Wicker pickers are dogtrash not only because they take up hand slot, but also because you can make traveler's bindle and get more effective space due to stacks.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Skrain » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:32 am

Can we get a stack function for things like Straw Twine, and Hide Straps please and thank you.
Skrain

Postby TheServant » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:54 pm

let us stack coal!!!
TheServant

Postby SiO2 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:29 pm

loftar wrote:
xxxlewisxxx11 wrote:Rather then removing the icon, why not allow us to hide them as well, would be nice to have either as option

vatas wrote:Filter markers by type when? Zooming map out and screenshotting it with only Thingwalls enabled would make it so much easier to quickly share a map of a continent to someone else.

You can hide/filter them already. Just click the icon in the list.

Unfortunately no, hiding in map options does not affect permanent markers. Also unchecking icons forces stop of location collection. This is ok for important resources, but quite inconvenient for general information like cave entrances. Mountain is the place where player might want to turn off cave icons.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:32 am

SiO2 wrote:
loftar wrote:
xxxlewisxxx11 wrote:Rather then removing the icon, why not allow us to hide them as well, would be nice to have either as option

vatas wrote:Filter markers by type when? Zooming map out and screenshotting it with only Thingwalls enabled would make it so much easier to quickly share a map of a continent to someone else.

You can hide/filter them already. Just click the icon in the list.

Unfortunately no, hiding in map options does not affect permanent markers. Also unchecking icons forces stop of location collection. This is ok for important resources, but quite inconvenient for general information like cave entrances. Mountain is the place where player might want to turn off cave icons.

In map window, not map icon settings.

The saved markers, on the right side of the big map window (not compact mode)
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby SiO2 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:31 pm

Oh thank you! This is extremely non-intuitive UI choice, tbh.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Previous

Return to Announcements