Game Development: Bullfinch Falls

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bullfinch Falls

Postby WiseWoman » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:47 pm

Walls can now cascade through open gates? That is the crappiest, non-sensical downgrade ever! Please revert.
WiseWoman

Postby strpk0 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:47 pm

loftar wrote:
TheServant wrote:check the highest stats in the game and see inheritances

Looking at the 13 characters with highest Strength, 9 have zero ancestors, 2 have one ancestor, 1 have two, and 1 have three. Their value in Strength is not obviously correlated to the number of ancestors. The one with the most Strength has zero ancestors. Most seem to have died to "natural causes".

hope you realize you're looking at miner characters
and yes, factions do infact not suicide vital industry characters
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby mulamishne » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:47 pm

loftar wrote:

Looking at the 13 characters with highest Strength, 9 have zero ancestors, 2 have one ancestor, 1 have two, and 1 have three. Their value in Strength is not obviously correlated to the number of ancestors. The one with the most Strength has zero ancestors. Most seem to have died to "natural causes".

How many of those characters have the miner credo done?
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby AJaggens » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:48 pm

loftar wrote:

Is there a total stats rather than picking one out of them?

Mind you I like hungercide. I suck at pvp, and even if I die at least i can get a rapid boost from that. But still it probably is abused.
Last edited by AJaggens on Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJaggens

Postby loftar » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:51 pm

strpk0 wrote:hope you realize you're looking at miner characters

There's a similar story when I look at Agility, if that's better. To the extent that there are character that do appear to have suicided, they seem to have done so pretty early in the game.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby MightySheep » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:52 pm

Yes nobody in my village is suiciding on purpose even though we know it would be beneficial for our characters because its a tedious pain in the ass. We know its beneficial to our characters because last world the people who did die ended up being the highest statted characters in the village. The only person I know who 100% suicides on purpose is Felix and he he has the best stats in the game because of it. The fact that youre looking at miner characters and making assumptions is quite stupid.

Also do you realize how insanely difficult it is to actually full kill someone now? It's virtually impossible and what do you get for it? You help them to get a better character than they had before? Wow. This type of shit honestly kills my will to PvP in this game. Not only is all these KO fights totally inconsequential (with potions im back in pvp within an hour) but even if you pull off a miracle and full kill the best character in the game like I did, it quite literally means nothing.

I personally have experienced it, I drowned last world and in the long run ended up with a much better character than I otherwise would have because of the hunger reset. If I was to do it on purpose I would eat like crazy beforehand, totally nuke my hunger bar and benefit even more.
Last edited by MightySheep on Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MightySheep

Postby bmjclark » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:52 pm

loftar wrote:
Hungercide

Admittedly, I might not have looked at enough data, but the complaints I've received about this have been to the effect of "other people are doing this", and then when I've looked at other people, they've generally died to other causes rather than suicide. This, coupled with the fact that we've felt that it's a nice thing that you get something positive when you die has led us to not want to change it. That's not to say that we aren't wrong, though. Again, I might not have looked far enough to find the people hungerciding.

If this is your intent, why not just apply a hunger bonus to characters depending on how far behind the lead character they are? That way the lead characters can't abuse this to keep grinding but others could use it as a way to catch up. You did something similar for quests in W12 iirc where the server leader in quests hit a point where they couldn't quest anymore but people with less quests completed could quest as much as they wanted
Last edited by bmjclark on Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby PappaAlt » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:52 pm

loftar wrote:
strpk0 wrote:hope you realize you're looking at miner characters

There's a similar story when I look at Agility, if that's better. To the extent that there are character that do appear to have suicided, they seem to have done so pretty early in the game.

Yeh its an early world tactic. Its weird that everyone but you seems to know its a thing.
PappaAlt

Postby Moonpoppy » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:54 pm

MightySheep wrote:Yes nobody in my village is suiciding on purpose even though we know it would be beneficial for our characters because its a tedious pain in the ass. We know its beneficial to our characters because last world the people who did die ended up being the highest statted characters in the village. The only person I know who 100% suicides on purpose is Felix and he he has the best stats in the game because of it. The fact that youre looking at miner characters and making assumptions is quite stupid.

Also do you realize how insanely difficult it is to actually full kill someone now? It's virtually impossible and what do you get for it? You help them to get a better character than they had before? Wow. This type of shit honestly kills my will to PvP in this game. Not only is all these KO fights totally inconsequential but even if you pull off a miracle and full kill the best character in the game like I did, it quite literally means nothing.

I personally have experienced it, I drowned last world and in the long run ended up with a much better character than I otherwise would have because of the hunger reset. If I was to do it on purpose I would eat like crazy beforehand, totally nuke my hunger bar and benefit even more.

Its worse than nothing... you literally helped them.
Moonpoppy

Postby Moonpoppy » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:55 pm

Just add the ability to inherit your hunger and you have solved the problem.
Moonpoppy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements