Game Development: Wormhole Claim

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Wormhole Claim

Postby donbot » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:54 pm

fairystyle wrote:disappointing knowing that this is one of the last updates and then you will disappear for the winter period :(
Ok new way of transfer will be convenient among friends. But what if some people turned against you, and as ex-friends they have your property claimed by them? Its a very unthought decision to cancel studying bonds. Leave it be along with a new option of easy transfer.

The fact that owner of warflag can cheese it bodyblocking with naked alts and thats even easier than other kinds of blocking also didn't hit you. This extra unblocking changes weren't neccessary.
Meh, very surface scratching update you need to dig deeper guys
As much complimenting as i always am - quite tired of your neglectfulness to bigger problems that are always there, that players are signalizing to you through PMs and forums, very meh.

you wouldnt have gotten the claim back in the old system anyway lmao :oops: :oops: :oops:
What amazes me more than how light the punishment was, is how nothing was done about it ingame. I'm actually starting to think people are frightened that you'll do it again, so to protect the server, they work with you instead of going against you, all in the hopes that you will leave the server alone.
donbot
Under curfew

Postby fairystyle » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:25 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:> I can't take the claims of my enemies just because they used to be my friends

bro what the fuck are you complaining about orca

you left the context behind and put it in the way even i dont understand. What I meant is simple.
Why tf did jorbo remove ability to study these bonds?? I am assuming that he thinks its unjustifyable to lose property after ko (lets put the fact that you can be not a slowpoke and renew them outside of equation, and talk only about the concept). I am giving very easy example that its justifyiable by whatever aspect you can think of. Morale? Balance? Property? Usefulness? W/e

If the property functionally is yours or was yours but the bond belongs to someone else - you would love to ko them and study bonds (if you are lucky and managed to loot them), sieging claims is too big of a deal with the new system and claims can become a very nasty wart. Thats was what I said in other words, just a simple reason from top of a head. But I don't even think that you need to justify it somehow, it was an okay option nerfed for no objective reason whereas the game needs other changes.
fairystyle

Postby fairystyle » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:29 pm

donbot wrote:you wouldnt have gotten the claim back in the old system anyway lmao :oops: :oops: :oops:

hehe you would be surprised how many serious bonds players are losing every world, maybe their cries became the reason of nerfing actually
fairystyle

Postby donbot » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:48 pm

source: it came to me in a dream

as always orca is an advocate for the unfair mechanic to be a thing, she wants the hermits to suffer, many such cases
What amazes me more than how light the punishment was, is how nothing was done about it ingame. I'm actually starting to think people are frightened that you'll do it again, so to protect the server, they work with you instead of going against you, all in the hopes that you will leave the server alone.
donbot
Under curfew

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:21 pm

Insane how often I end up on the side of the nabs while the "friendly" gamer girls advocate for some of the most egregious noob traps the game has ever seen. I'm supposed to be the bad guy.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby TheServant » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:17 pm

Why dont you fix belts being possible to be inside pelican pouches? U still can put them with shit and swap. Its pretty sad you dont care about your game anymore, doing half fixes and weak updates, you even got pms about it. Also testing features in production, so sad
Aristotle wrote:Therefore it is fitting for the women to be married at about the age of eighteen and the men at thirty-seven or a little before — for that will give long enough for the union to take place with their bodily vigor at its prime, and for it to arrive with a convenient coincidence of dates at the time when procreation ceases.
TheServant

Postby VDZ » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:28 pm

TheServant wrote:Why dont you fix belts being possible to be inside pelican pouches? U still can put them with shit and swap. Its pretty sad you dont care about your game anymore, doing half fixes and weak updates, you even got pms about it. Also testing features in production, so sad

They actually nerfed it, but didn't outright remove the option:
jorb wrote:Small Fixes
-----------------------
[...]
  • Fixed an issue by which it was possible to drink from hotkeyed vessels in belts stuffed in e.g. pelican pouches.

(Update Bullfinch Falls)
VDZ

Postby vatas » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:57 pm

Alright, so barrier of entry into PvP now includes a script to swap empty waterskins in your belt for full ones from Pelican Pouches?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:01 pm

The new THINGWALL LOGIC often ports you into the water (even when on a horse). Then you just gotta hearth and start over like a cuck!!!!!!!!
ChildhoodObesity

Postby pagsiu » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:51 pm

Koreans trying to circumvent the recent thingwall teleportation logic changes with 900 iq traps. Circa 2023, colorized, oil on canvas.

Trapped here since W2.
Balin.
pagsiu

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements