Game Development: Wormhole Claim

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Wormhole Claim

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:18 am

5 minutes of work patchma review:

1. Borewormhole - meh, it will make mining ever more annoying. Change spawn to be similar to other dungeons
2. Keyfixes - all good
3. Smallfixes - it's ok
4. Generic hatma - meh

Unimplemented
1. No new birbma - meh
2. No new stackma - meh

Overall patchma quality for 2 weeks of development - 2/10
Last edited by noindyfikator on Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Uriel » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:28 am

Mini dungeons are great, keep them coming :)
Uriel

Postby trinh » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:51 am

Good job, please address the increasing toxicity of players both on the forum and in the game. ;)
trinh

Postby Pickard » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:40 am

Audiosmurf wrote:Good change to bonds, honestly. It was just a nab trap that only caught the nabbiest nabs and was therefore basically pointless outside of pretty sprucecap griefing.

This games consists entirely of noob traps. If you remove them all, there will be nothing left.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby Saxony4 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:18 am

No new stackable
I sleep

Christmas stream this year or nah?
loftar wrote:git da mony
Saxony4

Postby vatas » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:27 am

Pickard wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:Good change to bonds, honestly. It was just a nab trap that only caught the nabbiest nabs and was therefore basically pointless outside of pretty sprucecap griefing.

This games consists entirely of noob traps. If you remove them all, there will be nothing left.

There exists a nuance between "complete noob trap" and "aggressive learning curve from game complexity."

I've previously tried to point out that the ability to steal Claim Bonds had extremely binary results: either the player whose Bond was stolen...
A) Knew they needed to renew the Bond which effectively costs nothing (outside already failing to maintain the Presence meter.)
B) Did not know the mechanic and lost their entire claim. Also, they and/or their friend(s) could end up trapped inside the claim (or at least lose everything they had on the claim.)

You can argue that same binary applies to "well built base" and "trying to use fence/stockpiles as wall" but I'd counter by pointing out how much more intuitive this example is. Well outside the Visitor Gate crap, at least.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby fairystyle » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:49 am

disappointing knowing that this is one of the last updates and then you will disappear for the winter period :(
Ok new way of transfer will be convenient among friends. But what if some people turned against you, and as ex-friends they have your property claimed by them? Its a very unthought decision to cancel studying bonds. Leave it be along with a new option of easy transfer.

The fact that owner of warflag can cheese it bodyblocking with naked alts and thats even easier than other kinds of blocking also didn't hit you. This extra unblocking changes weren't neccessary.
Meh, very surface scratching update you need to dig deeper guys
As much complimenting as i always am - quite tired of your neglectfulness to bigger problems that are always there, that players are signalizing to you through PMs and forums, very meh.
fairystyle

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:50 am

> I can't take the claims of my enemies just because they used to be my friends

bro what the fuck are you complaining about orca
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Fostik » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:08 am

Transfer of ownership of a private claim is now an explicit act which can be performed by holding the claim's bond item, and right-clicking the Hearthling you wish to transfer the claim to. You can no longer study "Bond of Blood & Soil"s to gain control over private claims.

So it's now not possible to transfer bond directly between two characters on the same account, and only by using yeomanry alt on separate account.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby lakrass » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:12 am

Zero birbs..
0 / 10
lakrass

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements