Game Development: Wormhole Claim

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Wormhole Claim

Postby wolf1000wolf » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:01 pm

Tried to transfer a claim and got the message "This is a bound claim." ?
wolf1000wolf

Postby abt79 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:17 pm

pagsiu wrote:Koreans trying to circumvent the recent thingwall teleportation logic changes with 900 iq traps. Circa 2023, colorized, oil on canvas.

wait what thingwall is this

and how hard is it to just not confirm the travel when u see some shid like this xd
abt79

Postby pagsiu » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:31 pm

abt79 wrote:
pagsiu wrote:Koreans trying to circumvent the recent thingwall teleportation logic changes with 900 iq traps. Circa 2023, colorized, oil on canvas.

wait what thingwall is this

and how hard is it to just not confirm the travel when u see some shid like this xd

No clue man, I was staring at this for a good 5 mins and it's beyond my comprehension. According to my logs, it's in... Lanhirst, far NE, almost at NE map border. It looks like chatGPT-generated trap.
Literally no one.
pagsiu

Postby VDZ » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:57 pm

abt79 wrote:and how hard is it to just not confirm the travel when u see some shid like this xd

When traveling to multiple thingwalls in a row, you get the interface for the next thingwall while still in the countdown, before teleporting, and you can select your next destination on that interface. If you do so, it auto-confirms the first teleport immediately (once ready) with no way to cancel once you see it.
VDZ

Postby abt79 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:13 pm

VDZ wrote:When traveling to multiple thingwalls in a row, you get the interface for the next thingwall while still in the countdown, before teleporting, and you can select your next destination on that interface. If you do so, it auto-confirms the first teleport immediately (once ready) with no way to cancel once you see it.

Yeah but only dribbling vegetables fall for that Jorb Noobtrap since there could just as easily be a bunch of gankers or like a bear at the thingwall you’re traveling to without looking before you leap.
abt79

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:29 am

jorb wrote:Improved the teleport algorithm's ability to find valid positions in narrow/tight landing spots.

I am now porting/landing on water tiles when travelling between thingwalls on a horse btw
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby trinh » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:25 am

I don't port around too much, but yes, current thingwall travel often land in shallow water if there is any so you get extra disadvantage if you are not a horse (slow).
maybe work around a little with thingwalls so f.ex its big tree with half empty trunk and it's safe area?

trinh

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:54 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
jorb wrote:Improved the teleport algorithm's ability to find valid positions in narrow/tight landing spots.

I am now porting/landing on water tiles when travelling between thingwalls on a horse btw

Yeah sorry for not clarifying

DEEP WATER tiles. My horse is jesus stuck on a single DEEP water tile
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby dafels » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:35 pm

fairystyle wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:> I can't take the claims of my enemies just because they used to be my friends

bro what the fuck are you complaining about orca

you left the context behind and put it in the way even i dont understand. What I meant is simple.
Why tf did jorbo remove ability to study these bonds?? I am assuming that he thinks its unjustifyable to lose property after ko (lets put the fact that you can be not a slowpoke and renew them outside of equation, and talk only about the concept). I am giving very easy example that its justifyiable by whatever aspect you can think of. Morale? Balance? Property? Usefulness? W/e

If the property functionally is yours or was yours but the bond belongs to someone else - you would love to ko them and study bonds (if you are lucky and managed to loot them), sieging claims is too big of a deal with the new system and claims can become a very nasty wart. Thats was what I said in other words, just a simple reason from top of a head. But I don't even think that you need to justify it somehow, it was an okay option nerfed for no objective reason whereas the game needs other changes.

yeah the scum litteraly were enjoyers of this feature whenever it was betraying someone close or stealing claim off some random. Thanks for voicing out the scum point of view/opinion
dafels

Postby Clemins » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:07 am

fairystyle wrote:Ok new way of transfer will be convenient among friends. But what if some people turned against you, and as ex-friends they have your property claimed by them? Its a very unthought decision to cancel studying bonds. Leave it be along with a new option of easy transfer.

This is one of those rare changes that is actually an all around positive change for new players, (frankly everyone), and your argument against this is "what if this super niche situation happens where ex-friends own my claim?"

I donno, that seems like a problem with you or your friends, not the change to the game mechanic lol
Clemins

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements