Game Development: Rednosed Yule

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rednosed Yule

Postby thanks4nothing » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:45 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
After seeing one chase without kritters I'm either not going to login again or only play very casually until it's fixed.

bye bye! no one will miss you
thanks4nothing

Postby Vert » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:46 pm

I'm very glad that we have an alternative build. The build with b12 was too good and could be used everywhere. Now we have gankers and assassins with b12, and a kind of militia with sos, which tries to maintain the formation and cause gradual damage, weakening and exhausting the enemy; if the formation collapses and they run, they will become easy prey.

in my opinion, a build with b12 that has the ability to kill targets should become more skill dependent. At the moment, having found a weak target, you don’t have to worry about the cooldown after cleave , since in most cases the target is too weak to cause equivalent damage in a given period of time. It seems to me that the cleave should slow down the striker by 0.5 seconds and open him by 20-30% in all colors. Cleave is capable of killing; such a possibility must also carry a high danger when used.
Vert

Postby thanks4nothing » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:50 pm

Harunobu wrote:
mulamishne wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Speed buffs from "Forager" credo and "Bunny Slippers" have been inverted. Rather than making you run faster, they now make animals chased run slower.

Don't understand how this would make sense but ok

Now nerf storm of swords :)

In PvP, the speed boost of chasing animals was being used to chase/get away and that became the dominant mechanic, apparently.
Strange to have the core pvp mechanic to be loaded up with 30 waterbags and then try to chase rabbits to try to outrun the other side while drinking.

Imagine thinking that the forager credo is intended to be a pvp credo.
thanks4nothing

Postby Okocim » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:44 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:...

Most people here seem to agree that SoS deck is weaker than Cleave deck. I think we can also all agree that SoS is a lot easier to use than Cleave deck. In that case I can't really see everyone switching to SoS.
I really like the idea of easier to use but a little weaker deck, it allows people to more easily start participating in pvp.
About it being fun, I guess it differs from person to person, but it seem our fighters had a lot of fun using it so far, on the other hand I personally never liked the cleave meta gameplay, SoS seems more fun to me.
Dawidio123 wrote:I also don't understand why the fuck people who don't participate in pvp are going on forums to cry against SoS nerf and forager speedboost revert, one would think they shouldn't care about it since it doesn't affect them

The thing is, It does affect them. SoS is a great pve move, lowering how much it opens, rising cost or cd might render it useless in pve.
And speedboost removal made the game more intuitive and made it easier for most nonPvP players to run away from pvp situations.
Okocim

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:53 pm

0 plebs have gotten away from me since the change. The only change I've rly noticed is that my group hasn't been in a fight with any relevant group since the change and whenever I check my kinlist all the fighters from other groups seem to be offline lol

I know "but won't you think of the nabs!!!" isn't your real angle, just your rhetoric but if we're going for that perspective the lack of online fighters RN means I'm probably going to be in murderous rage 24/7. Also, with the new system IMO it's way easier to fully kill shitters because they won't erratically move because of (badly) clicking kritters. Usually it's hard to coordinate the max cleave finisher, but now they just sorta run in a slight curve and let 3 ppl opk them
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:48 pm

Overall very good patch
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Dawidio123 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:03 pm

Okocim wrote:And speedboost removal made the game more intuitive and made it easier for most nonPvP players to run away from pvp situations.

More intuitive yes, that's why i'm pushing for bringing back the critter speed boost in form of a skill or ONLY forager, bunny slippers were unintuitive af (And i made a post about it like half a year ago).
But easier to run away? How is a tool that allows you to get more gap bad for running away? Of course they need to learn to use it, but c'mon clicking a critter on the map when it appears is not that hard, we aren't 8 yrs old here, i think everyone is capable od doing it. And before you screech "client advantage" i clicked critters on ard bootleg for over 3 worlds, and it was never a problem. Especially if you are 100% focused on running away as a PvE player should be in a PvP encounter.
Right now they will either luck into speedboosts, or run out of water (especially on speed 4 terrain) before they manage to get away, since most fighters wear troll belts filled with water.

I partly agree with snail in that your "anti-noob" arguments are just a rhetoric that is used to push the changes you want (making pvp less skill based).

Sidenote, almost everyone who participated in the siege said they will go SoS build next world just due to how op it is. So idk about cleave being stronger (at perfect level of play + coordination, probably yeah, but that's not something you should balance around). Especially when it has been proven in meteorites to be inferior to SoS. Maybe some people will stay with cleave because they put their fun above winning, but if we talking purely metagame, you should go SoS build, preferably hybrid with bloodlust (a full bloodlust charge SoS opens like 60+ yellow against someone running bloodlust/parry -> ie. everyone but some shield up boys, AND IT'S AOE).
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Harunobu » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:53 am

It all comes down to trying to pvp in a game designed by devs with not a lot of interested in pvp. And a game that currently most of pvp comes down to running & chasing.

Maybe chasing in pvp should be so completely nerfed that one would never ever even bother to chase anyone. That way, everyone can go back to 1 water bag.

I already made a suggestion how to increase pvp encounters for those interested in playing the game on the higher levels (see Critique & Ideas subforum).

I get some of you are allin on this game and have been 'enjoying' the run & chase pvp minigame for 3 or more worlds. But when you take a step back and critique the pvp part of this game, it is clear that the run & chase minigame just has to go as being one of the core pvp mechanics. I get that the devs didn't promise a pvp redesign. They just removed this one element that you think all pvp was based on.

But so far this discussion has only been about this chase mechanic, and about attacking the WB 'noobs'. It is not constructive in any way.

As for SoS being too strong, without a good pvp redesign, one deck is just going to be the best deck. And everyone is going to be using that, once it is figured out which deck that is. Maybe SoS is more lame than say a cleave meta.
But for sure people would complain about it. You need a combat redesign where there is a deliberate rock paper scissors element. It is cool when good pvp emerged by a coincidence. But that clearly hasn't happened.
You want semi-hard counters to certain decks. And you want different combat roles when two teams fight. You want ranged fighters, you want tanks, you want maneuverable fighters, etc. That is how every game works. HnH just had to copy that rather than do things their own way because of flavour, and then hope it magically gives good gameplay. Because game design doesn't work that way. You can have a good sandbox game that way. But not a good sandbox game with good pvp gameplay mechanics. You need to design those.
Harunobu

Postby Harunobu » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:24 am

It is pathetic that people are so brain rotten to the fucking core that when they see someone that can actually write with some basic eloquence, they think they need to fucking AI generate total bullcrap because they feel so inept.

Sorry I fucking hurt your feelings, which made you misbehave and get banned. Now get the fuck out of here!
Harunobu

Postby thanks4nothing » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:57 am

it's funny how many of these crybabies are major pvpers who don't have it in them to use their real names. just hiding behind alts as usual.... call the whambulance!
thanks4nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements