Game Development: Rednosed Yule

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rednosed Yule

Postby DonVelD » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:33 am

thanks4nothing wrote:it's funny how many of these crybabies are major pvpers who don't have it in them to use their real names. just hiding behind alts as usual.... call the whambulance!

Ah, because nothing says "epic gaming" like sharing your home address and social security number in the chat. I hear it really enhances the fantasy experience.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby DonVelD » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:34 am

Harunobu wrote:It is pathetic that people are so brain rotten to the fucking core that when they see someone that can actually write with some basic eloquence, they think they need to fucking AI generate total bullcrap because they feel so inept.

Sorry I fucking hurt your feelings, which made you misbehave and get banned. Now get the fuck out of here!

Oh, dear Harunobu, the Shakespearean virtuoso of online discourse, how we tremble in the presence of such linguistic prowess. It's truly awe-inspiring how your eloquence makes others yearn for the sweet taste of a thesaurus. I mean, who wouldn't want to bask in the glory of your linguistic wizardry?

And yes, of course, your words are like a gentle breeze, never causing any discomfort or challenging anyone's delicate sensibilities. Clearly, those who resort to AI-generated "bullcrap" are just envious of your unparalleled linguistic genius, unable to comprehend the intricate tapestry of your thoughts.

Oh, the burden of brilliance! It must be so taxing to navigate a world filled with the less linguistically gifted, where one's profound expressions can lead to banishment. We shall mourn the loss of your linguistic magnificence as you bid farewell to the realm of plebeians. Farewell, oh masterful wordsmith, may your thesaurus never be far from reach!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

Postby TheServant » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:55 am

i think harunobu got you there pal
Aristotle wrote:Therefore it is fitting for the women to be married at about the age of eighteen and the men at thirty-seven or a little before — for that will give long enough for the union to take place with their bodily vigor at its prime, and for it to arrive with a convenient coincidence of dates at the time when procreation ceases.
TheServant

Postby Okocim » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:24 am

Dawidio123 wrote:(...)
But easier to run away? How is a tool that allows you to get more gap bad for running away? Of course they need to learn to use it, but c'mon clicking a critter on the map when it appears is not that hard, we aren't 8 yrs old here, i think everyone is capable od doing it. And before you screech "client advantage" i clicked critters on ard bootleg for over 3 worlds, and it was never a problem. Especially if you are 100% focused on running away as a PvE player should be in a PvP encounter.
Right now they will either luck into speedboosts, or run out of water (especially on speed 4 terrain) before they manage to get away, since most fighters wear troll belts filled with water.

I partly agree with snail in that your "anti-noob" arguments are just a rhetoric that is used to push the changes you want (making pvp less skill based).

Since 90% of the time people running away never used the critters and 90% of the time people that were chasing used it as gap closer, yeah, removing it made running away easier for most.
Pulling away using critters? you do not click the same critters when you chase? what advantage do a person running away get? 1 tile per minute?
While there are clients that automate or make it easier, I have not brought it up in my posts before, because I don't think that is the issue here, battling bots is a lost fight at this point anyways, I don't care.
Water argument makes no sense to me, running out of water? The only difference is that you caught up to them before they did run out of water before.
In my opinion clicking critters is simply cancer not skill, hated it when running away and hated it when chasing, this is why I love this change.

Dawidio123 wrote:Sidenote, almost everyone who participated in the siege said they will go SoS build next world just due to how op it is. So idk about cleave being stronger (at perfect level of play + coordination, probably yeah, but that's not something you should balance around). Especially when it has been proven in meteorites to be inferior to SoS. Maybe some people will stay with cleave because they put their fun above winning, but if we talking purely metagame, you should go SoS build, preferably hybrid with bloodlust (a full bloodlust charge SoS opens like 60+ yellow against someone running bloodlust/parry -> ie. everyone but some shield up boys, AND IT'S AOE).

This is what I have read multiple times earlier in this topic, if you say it's weaker what am I supposed to think? Seen it beaten by B12 meta on multiple occasions, so it did not seem game breaking to me.
Okocim

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:35 am

It's crazy how people who don't regularly fight manage to make like 6 different assertions per sentence all of which are wrong. Here, I've underlined the bits of what you said that were retarded. Hope this helps.

It's so fucking funny that Jorbtar will take a lot of what people say here at face value.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DonVelD » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:50 am

why do miners mine with stone axes? are they retarded? same type of logic, you dont know shit but you assume 5x as much you know

i saw okocim fight once throughout W13-15 and it was shooting bows at a meteor W13 then i think he got dunked
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

Postby Okocim » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:30 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:It's crazy how people who don't regularly fight manage to make like 6 different assertions per sentence all of which are wrong. Here, I've underlined the bits of what you said that were retarded. Hope this helps.

1. I might have exaggerated a little, but point stands.
2. Why don't you click the critters when chasing?
3. How much speed advantage do you actually get, given both parties are experts at clicking the critters in your opinion?
4. Alright, hotkey to click furthest critter in a general direction is not full automation.
5. This one is something I really need explaining, how does this change affect water consumption?
6. You are saying that you were only catching up to people when they ran out of water so far? Not because of bad drinking or thanks to critters?

Seen multiple chases like that, they usually ended before either party ran out of water and critters never helped anyone to escape, more often seen them being used to catch up.

DonVelD wrote:i saw okocim fight once throughout W13-15 and it was shooting bows at a meteor W13 then i think he got dunked

About me fighting, it's true that I'm not fighting as often, since I don't enjoy combat in haven, but I participate way more than you think.
You can't produce any meaningful response so you try to discredit my abilities/knowledge, good move, usually works.
Okocim

Postby DonVelD » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:33 pm

Nah not really, man, I played with you throughout the whole W13 I'm just saying what I saw. One encounter. Maybe I'm missing something but you don't have enough understanding of the system to be able to judge it as a whole. And it is also clear that there is some bias involved because you don't like the system.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:44 pm

Okocim wrote:.

DDDsDD999

Postby DonVelD » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:45 pm

i'll answer those cause im bored and its obvious for me
Okocim wrote:1. I might have exaggerated a little, but point stands.
2. Why don't you click the critters when chasing?
3. How much speed advantage do you actually get, given both parties are experts at clicking the critters in your opinion?
4. Alright, hotkey to click furthest critter in a general direction is not full automation.
5. This one is something I really need explaining, how does this change affect water consumption?
6. You are saying that you were only catching up to people when they ran out of water so far? Not because of bad drinking or thanks to critters?

1. That still doesn't change the fact that you may be wrong if we're talking objectively
2. Idk why you are trying to assume stuff just because he didnt specify. You are clicking the critters BUT (look at number 3)
3. The person that is trying to run away sees the critters first, therefore gains a tile or two of gap per every critter. Worth mentioning: a bird that flies off screen & the person running gains constant boost while others are too far away.
4. I'm not aware of such hotkey, and we have one of the most autistic clients. The only thing that made the thing easier was halos to make critters easier to click at. Anyway, automating that sounds like an easy way to get fucked by edge cases.
5. You can't get away as fast as before, therefore you're mostly relying on water & food. Critters made it significantly easier. Now it's random, you never know if you'll get a speedboost or not, or if there's someone on a horse a minimap away catching all speedboosts so you don't get them.
6. No, they got away before running out of water, cause they got advantage because of critters.

I think that you have your own narrative and you're trying to find explanations for that instead of listening to what we're trying to say to dispute such narrative (+ assume things for no reason)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements