Game Development: Rednosed Yule

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rednosed Yule

Postby Okocim » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:21 am

"PvPers" telling others how they should enjoy a sandbox game. CHECK
Because the only fun way to play is kicking sand castles of others.
The thing is, if "carrot farmers" quit, you are going to quit too, if "pvpers" quit, "carrot farmer" couldn't care less.

Critter thing, I'm glad it was removed.
You guys are starting to get confused yourselves on what effect it gave.
Some ppl say that it makes chases longer and more boring.
Isn't it making fights shorter because peeling is harder now?
Or are you talking about chasing unwilling parties, like hermits, who normally wouldn't click the critters that's way it was easy to catch them?
Forcing people to combat isn't really something good in my opinion.

I don't think SoS needs nerfing, however I like the idea of buffing jump.
You guys learned one way to play, refuse to adapt and demand changes so you don't have to, it's pretty sad.
In my opinion there should be even more alternative decks being used.
Okocim

Postby DonVelD » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:16 am

nonPVPers having hermitkilling living rent-free in their heads CHECK
WB players defending SoS CHECK
calling not liking SoS as being too used to other decks and being a lazy piece of shit CHECK
nonPVPers telling others that kicking sandcastles is a "wrong" way to enjoy a sandbox game CHECK
glorifying carrot farmers CHECK
not understanding the issue with the change that was made CHECK
unneeded comments CHECK
post filled with negative emotions CHECK
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:33 am

I totally agree with Okocim. That is really well written
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:14 pm

noindyfikator wrote:I totally agree with Okocim. That is really well written

^
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby mulamishne » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:40 pm

Okocim wrote:The thing is, if "carrot farmers" quit, you are going to quit too, if "pvpers" quit, "carrot farmer" couldn't care less.

A significant number of these carrot farmers are buying hq industry and other items from pvpers (who historically go more autistically into industry) with tokens.

Okocim wrote:Critter thing, I'm glad it was removed.
You guys are starting to get confused yourselves on what effect it gave.
Some ppl say that it makes chases longer and more boring.
Isn't it making fights shorter because peeling is harder now?
Or are you talking about chasing unwilling parties, like hermits, who normally wouldn't click the critters that's way it was easy to catch them?
Forcing people to combat isn't really something good in my opinion.

I absolutely have faith that this change is going to make it so I can kill hermits more easily, they won't drink and I will carry 5x as much water as them. Before they at LEAST had the chance to click a critter and get gap, as rare as that is. I will say that bunny slipper effect should be gone or moved off the bunny slipper slot so its more accessible. In actual pvp though, genuine WoW peggle moment, its just click far and look for speedbuff with no other brain cells remaining if you wanna try to disengage.

Okocim wrote:You guys learned one way to play, refuse to adapt and demand changes so you don't have to, it's pretty sad.

There was a 'way to play', a group refused to adapt and demanded changes, that is absolutely correct. (Bring back critter speed bonus)
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Dawidio123 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:33 pm

Okocim wrote:I don't think SoS needs nerfing, however I like the idea of buffing jump.
You guys learned one way to play, refuse to adapt and demand changes so you don't have to, it's pretty sad.
In my opinion there should be even more alternative decks being used.

There is no adapting to SoS other than playing SoS yourself, and most players who enjoy PvP (not you guys) find that playstyle to be downright brainless and lacking in skill expression. We saw your meteorite fight vs koreans and it didn't seem any fun.
Obviously if all you guys care about is being able to win fights without having to improve and practice then no wonder you are against SoS nerf. Why would you want to have to work on your coordination and combat movement while you can just reee your way into critter speed boost removal (Bob complained about it in his video when he was unable to catch us, but tbf there was like 5 things he could've done to do it) and use the one button meta that has the skill celling as high as a midget thus allowing you to compete through sheer numbers (i'm talking both player count and stats/gear) against other groups.

What we want to avoid is having every single faction going melee and just spamming SoS next world, because no fights will be fun anymore. And unless SoS is nerfed or the whole meta is shaken up, that's what's going to happen. And trust me when I say you (or any of us for that matter) will not enjoy this.
Like idk, do we really have to all go melee and show everyone how retarded that is to fight against for non-pvpers to finally realize that it's not healthy for the meta deck to be this low skill? It's the same as jugular, one button combo that is ALSO aoe and doesn't even require the slightest bit of coordination. Pvp was a lot more fun after the jugular nerf.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dawidio123

Postby abt79 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:51 pm

So in one corner we have pvp aggro people who just want to win fights and also have accrued talent/skill and are willing to explore clever emergent solutions (bordering on exploiting bugs, etc) given the tools the devs provide. Who want to be rewarded for that time spent learning and practicing combat skills by a system that rewards skilled play in the pvp game they enjoy.

And in the other corner we have pvp aggro people who just want to win fights but have little to no skill and have found exactly one rut from which they can ~succeed (Storm Swords spam leveraging their numbers) - so spend hours upon hours brigading forums and stream chat to manufacture a facade of unconnected grassroots “consensus” and masquerading as little innocent sprucecap baby boys when it conveniences their narrative.

I wonder which culture should be encouraged? Clearly we should protect the innocent baby boys from rude PVP griefers!

Sad that the devs don’t tend to pay attention to the culture of their forum and game at large and therefore have difficulty understanding what’s going on. Everything sounds like a “cacophony” when you aren’t really listening.
abt79

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:57 pm

SoS fight vs koreans was fun as fk

it was thousand times better than running around like clowns and barely touching other players (b12 gameplay)
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby DonVelD » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:59 pm

noindyfikator wrote:SoS fight vs koreans was fun as fk

it was thousand times better than running around like clowns and barely touching other players (b12 gameplay)

Oh, what an exhilarating revelation! Clearly, the pinnacle of gaming achievement involves engaging in a sophisticated dance of skill and finesse, far superior to the primitive "clown-like" antics you seem to disdain. Bravo for elevating the art of gameplay to such majestic heights.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

Postby Dawidio123 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:30 pm

DonVelD wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:SoS fight vs koreans was fun as fk

Oh, what an exhilarating revelation! Clearly, the pinnacle of gaming achievement involves engaging in a sophisticated dance of skill and finesse, far superior to the primitive "clown-like" antics you seem to disdain. Bravo for elevating the art of gameplay to such majestic heights.

Yeah wdym you don't like standing lumped up together and pressing two buttons? You are clearly too dumb to understand the sophisticated skill expression that requires.

Also just to add to it, first time we saw SoS actually being used was by sheep vs norsca and later on during the 2nd meteorite against snail+brits (the one WB didn't manage to even reach). And even they think it should be nerfed and knew it was bonkers from that fight. I guess that's what you get when people care about the well-being of the state of pvp instead of winning at any cost. I also don't understand why the fuck people who don't participate in pvp are going on forums to cry against SoS nerf and forager speedboost revert, one would think they shouldn't care about it since it doesn't affect them, but I guess forum brigading is a routine for them.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dawidio123

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements