Game Development: Rednosed Yule

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rednosed Yule

Postby Harunobu » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:28 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:> pictured, you requesting somebody more competent than yourself gank somebody from my group because you can't on your own

I think you're knowingly trying to derail the thread because you know low skill metas favor your group, and you're weirdly serious about this game in spite of not being very good at it. I think you publicly & cynically asking your large group of mostly people completely disinterested in PVP to agree with your opinions on it is why Jorb was so convinced on stream forager credo/bunny slippers are a contentious issue among PVPbois when they absolutely are not.

Playing SOS and winning the meteors decisively didn't feel very fun. All I did was stack coins, stand next to people, press target nearest, and press SOS. I didn't rly feel like I, the player, was beating other people. I felt like my character and its group as a ball of stats was bigger than the other group's ball of stats so we won. It's just... boring.

That's how I've felt about most sword decks, though. I really feel like Jorbtar struck gold with red/blue b12 accidentally and it's being squandered by some random ass request from 1 guy like 3 years ago to massively buff swords for no reason. That said, IDK if the game should revolve around people that just wanna tryhard combat and be """competitive""" in a clearly non-competitive game.

Get lost, loser!

First you lost the siege in-game. Then you lost trying to trick people into thinking you actually won by shitposting in this forum. And finally, you lost trying to trick the devs into changing the game for you.
Take your triple L's and shut up already.
Next time, start a fight with someone you can actually beat. And if you lose KEEP FUCKING QUIET ABOUT IT. Don't come and humiliate yourself further on the forums.
Last edited by Harunobu on Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Harunobu

Postby Harunobu » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:36 am

You guys wouldn't be complaining in the patch notes about changing the game if you had won that siege.

If you honestly were interested in sharing experiences about how this siege worked out and how the game may be improved, you wouldn't be raging like "Robben_DuMarsch, you never won a fight against me!", "We actually won the siege even though we lost" or "You only won because you called in other people. You guys are still a bunch of noobs and we should have won" or "I call Jorb Jorbtard because he changed the game 3 years ago' or "Haha, didn't I kill you by abusing the charterstone code".

Instead, you'd objectively share some experiences, like adults. And you'd comment on possible game changes. But that is not happening.
Instead, you have been meme'ing and shitposting and insulting the other side. I guess that's internet culture in 2023, though it isn't fine at all.
But then when you extend this into petitioning the game to be changed into your favour, then people are going to start shitting on you. Especially if you project yourself to be the big boy hardman best PvPer in this game. It is pathetic.

If you are in SnuggleNail's group and you are reading this: Maybe it is time to find some other group. Lead by someone with actual leadership qualities.
Last edited by Harunobu on Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Harunobu

Postby abt79 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:39 am

A nerf to Storm of Swords would not have changed the outcome of the Whatever Bay siege. Shit, snail is also capable of summoning numbers to win pvp. What kind of combatant does best in a meta dominated by a brainless spam deck? You guessed it, the scripted kind.

You’re entitled to your anger that new players have more experience with pvp in 3 years than you do in a decade and a half but at least pretend to make a coherent point instead of just shouting cope.
abt79

Postby jordancoles » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:47 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:I personally think it's cute that a bunch of newbs got together and beat you all with Storm of Swords, which almost no PvPers run because it isn't meta, and the response is for three factions to unite and yell, "Muuuhhhh we would have won but not enough skill expression."

Robben, stop. You're going to get us sieged again :x
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:57 am

jordancoles wrote:
Robben_DuMarsch wrote:I personally think it's cute that a bunch of newbs got together and beat you all with Storm of Swords, which almost no PvPers run because it isn't meta, and the response is for three factions to unite and yell, "Muuuhhhh we would have won but not enough skill expression."

Robben, stop. You're going to get us sieged again :x

You're probably right Misa.... But why aren't you posting on your alt account?
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby mulamishne » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:58 am

We won meteor two off the back of storm of swords deck. The shit is one button brain dead and an actual toddler could execute it at 70% efficiency. I really do fear it's going to lead to some degenerate strategies and the answer is to tune it down and bring skill based movement back.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby strpk0 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:07 am

Removing bunny slippers / chase speed from forager:
Means all players in PvP will be locked to equal movement speed, with a slight advantage to the chasing side. This means if someone manages to reach you, there will be little to no way to get them off you, giving the advantage to the side with overwhelming numbers.
Chasing rabbits / critters allowed for some extra skill when chasing or escaping, as if applied on the right moment you could either escape people hitting you, or reach someone that wasn't paying attention that you are trying to attack.

Suggestion: If for some reason these buffs are problematic/unintuitive for new players, simply allow all characters to have these bonuses from the moment they are spawned (and regardless of footwear).

Storm of swords
This is a move that, for >>2 IP<<, gives a large amount of openings (~37% after μ multiplier from putting 5 points into it) and damage in return (even hitting up to five targets simultaneously, and also doing increasing amounts of damage based on number of targets hit, up to 200%).

What this means in simple terms is: PvP has become charging at enemies with the same move (Storm of Swords), then running away, repeatedly over and over, until one side runs out of HP. Extremely boring and simple minded. Other moves, such as cleave, require coordination between a shot caller and multiple players to open both red and blue openings (instead of just spamming the same yellow opening over and over). Also being single-target moves, it takes a lot more skill to execute properly.

Suggestion: Either make this move single-target, increase the IP cost to 6 to be in balance with Cleave and/or or lower the amount of openings it creates (30% base -> 20% base). I simply, personally, dislike the "charge-into-your-enemies-for-2-seconds-and-run" combat.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Halbertz » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:22 am

Harunobu wrote:You guys wouldn't be complaining in the patch notes about changing the game if you had won that siege.

If you honestly were interested in sharing experiences about how this siege worked out and how the game may be improved, you wouldn't be raging like "Robben_DuMarsch, you never won a fight against me!", "We actually won the siege even though we lost" or "You only won because you called in other people. You guys are still a bunch of noobs and we should have won" or "I call Jorb Jorbtard because he changed the game 3 years ago' or "Haha, didn't I kill you by abusing the charterstone code".

Instead, you'd objectively share some experiences, like adults. And you'd comment on possible game changes. But that is not happening.
Instead, you have been meme'ing and shitposting and insulting the other side. I guess that's internet culture in 2023, though it isn't fine at all.
But then when you extend this into petitioning the game to be changed into your favour, then people are going to start shitting on you. Especially if you project yourself to be the big boy hardman best PvPer in this game. It is pathetic.

If you are in SnuggleNail's group and you are reading this: Maybe it is time to find some other group. Lead by someone with actual leadership qualities.

Robben you should hire this person as your PR guy. I can barely stand on my two while this guy projecting his autism through the screen.
Halbertz

Postby Harunobu » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:32 am

All alts and slaves of SnuggleSnail, please stop shitposting. If you want a piece of me, come at me. In game. Stop clogging up the patch note thread with your diarrhea.
Harunobu

Postby MightySheep » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:46 am

Not a fan of speed buff change. All it does is reduce skill in PvP slightly. Combat system and PvP is already extremely low skill ceiling.

Why you acting like you doing some off meta thing when you got it from my video which is literally called something like "Storm of Sword is new meta" lol. I will give you credit on adapting to the new meta quicker than some others though. Also isn't your claim that even "newbs" win fights with SoS just making the same point? I personally don't mind SoS meta but I'm not gonna pretend it isn't incredibly dumb. Everybody just spamming 1 button every fight. No target calling required, no coordinated cleave required, most braindead PvP meta to date, even more than jugular spam in past worlds.
MightySheep

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements