Game Development: Rednosed Yule

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rednosed Yule

Postby HasseKebab » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:33 am

Idk what part of looking at minimap with your eyes and right clicking on critters that pop up is widely handled by clients
HasseKebab

Postby noindyfikator » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:45 am

HasseKebab wrote:Idk what part of looking at minimap with your eyes and right clicking on critters that pop up is widely handled by clients

The part where you don't need to look at map and there is fucking big circle around small critters so you can click anywhere and you still get buff
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby donbot » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:47 am

haha the alternative to it is way worse trust me
What amazes me more than how light the punishment was, is how nothing was done about it ingame. I'm actually starting to think people are frightened that you'll do it again, so to protect the server, they work with you instead of going against you, all in the hopes that you will leave the server alone.
donbot
Under curfew

Postby Harunobu » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:53 am

Ok so all this is just about custom client automation code being obsolete when the game changes, and literally nothing else.
Harunobu

Postby vatas » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:15 am

I personally won't riot either way in regards to Forager speed bonus, but I assume basically everyone is in agreement that the Bunny Slipper change introduced in this patch should stay.

(Regardless of the wider skill/client discussion, Bunny Slippers giving an unique and powerful advantage like that invalidates every other gear option for feet slot.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby HasseKebab » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:22 am

noindyfikator wrote:
HasseKebab wrote:Idk what part of looking at minimap with your eyes and right clicking on critters that pop up is widely handled by clients

The part where you don't need to look at map and there is fucking big circle around small critters so you can click anywhere and you still get buff

I dont think this is the kind of advantage you're telling yourself it is, being able to click on the screen is in reality no different to clicking on the map and if thats the entire reason to remove them i think thats a rather weak argument.
For context me and many others have been playing this game without this feature for many years and there really isnt any kind of noticable difference between people who have this feature and those who dont, the fact that we couldn't even tell AD had this kind of a feature on their client last world until we started seeing it in videos comes to show how unnoticable of a difference this makes.
HasseKebab

Postby Yuginelol » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:36 am

vatas wrote:I personally won't riot either way in regards to Forager speed bonus, but I assume basically everyone is in agreement that the Bunny Slipper change introduced in this patch should stay.

(Regardless of the wider skill/client discussion, Bunny Slippers giving an unique and powerful advantage like that invalidates every other gear option for feet slot.)

I second that: keep Forager as is, but nerf bunny slippers already.
Yuginelol

Postby solisalias » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:03 am

Yuginelol wrote:
vatas wrote:I personally won't riot either way in regards to Forager speed bonus, but I assume basically everyone is in agreement that the Bunny Slipper change introduced in this patch should stay.

I second that: keep Forager as is, but nerf bunny slippers already.

THIS
solisalias

Postby PappaPapula » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:54 am

+1

In a game that is mostly about grinding stats and crafting nice things i refuse to go outside in fcking bunny slippers!
just so i dont get ganked by some noobs with low stats and gear 80 ql lower then mine!
this is aint league of legens or something! (even tho the conversations in forum often read worse tbh :D )
PappaPapula

Postby donbot » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:56 am

counterpoint: its fun being the underdog that fucks up a big boy with his skill
What amazes me more than how light the punishment was, is how nothing was done about it ingame. I'm actually starting to think people are frightened that you'll do it again, so to protect the server, they work with you instead of going against you, all in the hopes that you will leave the server alone.
donbot
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements