Divine Intervention: Herald et Consortes vs. Dev Team

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Intervention: Herald et Consortes vs. Dev Team

Postby Ø » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:41 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
Ø wrote:How many exploited bugs does this game have in it right now?

I know the Koreans have a very significant industry/stat bug that's been active for at least 2 worlds, and I know Felix/Coco squads each have a funny stat bug but idk how impactful it is yet. Neither will be investigated seriously until I get steps to reproduce. Neither will result in harsh punishments unless they do something unrelated to piss off Jorbtar. I'm also pretty sure wandering sage is bugged and Coco squad knows about it, but I'm never going to try to test that again after my sage character got yeeted lmso

If I spent the dozens of hours required to figure out these bugs and report it, after they've been used against me for years, my reward will be maybe jorb giving me a worthless pink cape, but usually not. It makes sense major bugs last so long when there is neither a carrot nor a stick for reporting, and you have to take the effort to learn how it works yourself before they're willing to do anything about it.

Sounds like the sort of stuff an investigative journalist would be into... :lol:
Ø

Postby eliminator » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:35 am

Dawidio123 wrote:you'd be uncompetitive anyways even if they didn't abuse that bug?
It's really not THAT big of a deal, 99% of players will never get to actually compete industry wise regardless of the water bug abuse just because they aren't invested enough into the game (Honestly reading these posts makes me think it's just a skill

"Even if corrupt politician didnt have millons of dollars to buy votes, you would've never get elected anyways so why even try?"
eliminator

Postby Harunobu » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:16 am

Ø wrote:
Harunobu wrote:How many exploited bugs does this game have right now that the devs could know about, but don't?

How are the devs supposed to know an unknown?

:roll:

Answer your own question. How many exploited bugs does this game have in it right now?

Are you being serious? Aren't the devs, like the devs of the game? Meaning they made the game. Meaning they have the power to change the game. Meaning they have access to a database of game info?

It is a matter of competence and willingness. I was happy to learn from the past Devstream that they actually track numbers of relevant parameters. They should be able to pull stats on highest kiln, highest, bone, highest clay, and see the origins in the logs. And go invis mode.

I get that they didn't immediately realize how players achieved to get wells that high. But once they saw players suddenly had very high q wells back in W11, they could have figured out their own bug. Because in hindsight, it is quite an obvious bug.

It is their job to do this. Aren't they still asking money for it? I paid money. I'm not asking it back. But this type of incompetence just hurts. Sure, this game is run by two people. But the responses so far from forum people here have just been really really dumb.

Which is not a surprise considering 70% of all posts here are literal shitposts. And at least half of you here would be banned by me if I was mod for tastelessness or stupidity.
Harunobu

Postby fallout » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:25 am

The limit was how many bodies you could cram around the well? and its the first time someone used another unintended mechanic to stack 40 alts on one hitbox?

Loftar only noticed when it was 20 quadrillion?
fallout

Postby Ø » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:28 am

Harunobu wrote:
Ø wrote:
Harunobu wrote:How many exploited bugs does this game have right now that the devs could know about, but don't?

How are the devs supposed to know an unknown?

:roll:

Answer your own question. How many exploited bugs does this game have in it right now?

Are you being serious? Aren't the devs, like the devs of the game? Meaning they made the game. Meaning they have the power to change the game. Meaning they have access to a database of game info?

It is a matter of competence and willingness. I was happy to learn from the past Devstream that they actually track numbers of relevant parameters. They should be able to pull stats on highest kiln, highest, bone, highest clay, and see the origins in the logs. And go invis mode.

I get that they didn't immediately realize how players achieved to get wells that high. But once they saw players suddenly had very high q wells back in W11, they could have figured out their own bug. Because in hindsight, it is quite an obvious bug.

It is their job to do this. Aren't they still asking money for it? I paid money. I'm not asking it back. But this type of incompetence just hurts. Sure, this game is run by two people. But the responses so far from forum people here have just been really really dumb.

Which is not a surprise considering 70% of all posts here are literal shitposts. And at least half of you here would be banned by me if I was mod for tastelessness or stupidity.

I am serious. How are the devs supposed to know about exploited bugs that they do not know. It's your question. Your question is an oxymoron.

You can't know and unknown. You asked a stupid fucking question.
Ø

Postby Apocoreo » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:38 am

Harunobu wrote:Are you being serious? Aren't the devs, like the devs of the game? Meaning they made the game. Meaning they have the power to change the game. Meaning they have access to a database of game info?

It is their job to do this. Aren't they still asking money for it? I paid money. I'm not asking it back.

i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby KwonChiMin » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:29 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:
Ø wrote:How many exploited bugs does this game have in it right now?

I know the Koreans have a very significant industry/stat bug that's been active for at least 2 worlds, and I know Felix/Coco squads each have a funny stat bug but idk how impactful it is yet.

Is this how you "reported" dig deeper bug in w10?

KwonChiMin

Postby Harunobu » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:08 am

Ø wrote:I am serious. How are the devs supposed to know about exploited bugs that they do not know. It's your question. Your question is an oxymoron.

You can't know and unknown. You asked a stupid fucking question.

By looking at their game. It is not hard. You automatically save relevant parameters into a database. Then once a week you pull things like the highest q tree rock, the highest q tree, the biggest density of steel, the highest strength stat, the item with the most modifiers. Or the highest well/water quality. And then you figure the fuck out if that is normal and intended.

If the entire economy of the game floats on well water that's 100q higher than it ought to be for like 5 worlds in a row, then maybe you should notice?

On top of that, when they coded Dig Deeper, they should have realized that checking if a well already had Dig Deeper was applied was faulty. It doesn't sound like it took millisecond timing. They should have immediately realized this loophole and tested if they could exploit it before even putting it in the game.

Wouldn't surprise me that several people figured out this bug independent of each other.
Harunobu

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:19 am

KwonChiMin wrote:Image

I reported the well W11, and the other thing I mentioned W13

jorbtar didn't respond, and I assume did not investigate considering the same group has the same shit this world - and if I figure out how to reproduce they won't get punished for it because they're not beligerant enough on discord/forums for Jorbatr to be angwee at them

It is unironically very easy to find people abusing major bugs. If I could walk around invis for like 30 minutes/day I'd prolly find a nukeworthy abuse in every fraction willage within a week
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby The_Blode » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:12 pm

"other people need to be banned for exploits too", says increasingly asshurt banned user for the fifteenth time
The_Blode

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements