Divine Intervention: Herald et Consortes vs. Dev Team

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Intervention: Herald et Consortes vs. Dev Team

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:53 am

Harunobu wrote:
WowGain wrote:do you genuinely not know how this game works at all?
tell me, genius, how the +20q given to a tree from bugged water is solely responsible for their axe being +200q on yours (hint: its not because of the water.)

Liar

@Jorb check this guy's accounts and alts to see if they should be under the ban.

The glorious realm of Oppidia reports every instance of the Deep Magicks to the Gods. To our knowledge, every scrap of arcana we have discovered has been but an intentional part of the plans of the Gods. Truly they are as wise as they are mysterious. A reminder of course, that the existence of Gods in the hearthlings is a measurable, empirical scientific fack
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Ø » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:02 am

Nocturnal-Rainbows wrote:This is fucking OUTRAGEOUS.
I already quit playing this world 2 months ago after the typical initial first month hype died down but I'm quitting AGAIN (in spirit) after hearing about this deplorable act.

New world can't come soon enough, just give me that first month dopamine injection all over again, I can't get enough of that shit. That mad rush to find some fertile virgin land to claim, building my base just how I like it, getting fully established and making sure every detail is meticulously planned out only to drop it all because I can't be arsed feeding my animals anymore? That's that good shit right there, that's what I live for.

New update announcing that the world will be reset every 2 months instead of every year when?

Have you been doing cocaine again?
Ø

Postby Dawidio123 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:56 am

azrid wrote:water impacts food quality
food quality impacts stat gains
stat gains increase the speed and efficiency of your industry growth
Its no coincidence the exploiters group had the best stats
Don't downplay the importance of water quality.

Only stat relevant to the industry is str, all the other stat are required in such small numbers that getting them is trivial and shouldn't be considered relevant to the discussion.
Now, every competent group is able to keep up with str and mine on the latest mine level without the water bug abuse, that's the basic requirement of staying competitive, and there are breakpoints after which more str won't REALLY help you that much at the current level, especially once you can one tap every wall with a pickaxe, the only advantage is mining faster with a stone axe ONCE you find something good.
The first couple of levels are not a big deal to keep up with anyways, the issue starts around -8 and especially -9 where you need around 1-2k white str to mine comfortably with a stone axe. Let's consider what foods are ACTUALLY relevant around that level that require water, the main one that comes to mind are obviously the legendary orca meatpies that get quite a bit from the water quality, so in that regard yeah it helped them probably, but i don't think it actually helped them more than selling their industry in exchange for driftkelp and other rare ingredients like every other competitive faction does, like yeah 150 fep meatpie is great, but so are 200+ fep driftkelp pork bollock autumn steak and cupboards of mbc.

Now if they were actually a fighting village trollex having 1,1k combat stats would be quite a bit more relevant (Trollex defended brodgar with bugged stats nuke brodgar reeeee ¦] ), those are good stats but they aren't THAT high either (as in, kinda high but not haha bugged stats high, i can see how he got them), my group was approaching 700-800s like a month ago before we decided to quit and have not eaten a single piece of cheese during the whole world, if we just gained around 10 str/agi/con a day we would be at 1-1,1k by now, if we gained like 15 a day, we would be ahead of him. Those are plausible numbers of stats to gain daily ESPECIALLY if we consider cheese to be a factor.
Eat 5-7 mbcs (and maybe some bugged orca meatpies) a day, eat some oscypki + seal meat-in-jelly/crabcakes (slightly affected by water yes), eat some whale autumn steaks + sunlits (just examples, there is a lot of smaller foods you could grind and eat in combo to get stats). Honestly doesn't even seem that hard, especially if you were able to just bot the whole cheese making, and that doesn't even consider all the other foods they could be eating including rare ingredients such as pork bollocks, fairy mushrooms, driftkelp, truffles, pepper, etc. i just mentioned the big ones.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby The_Blode » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:53 pm

Nocturnal-Rainbows wrote:New world can't come soon enough, just give me that first month dopamine injection all over again, I can't get enough of that shit. That mad rush to find some fertile virgin land to claim, building my base just how I like it, getting fully established and making sure every detail is meticulously planned out only to drop it all because I can't be arsed feeding my animals anymore? That's that good shit right there, that's what I live for.

You and I are kindred spirits, mang. I don't really intend on doing this every time but... it's every time. And then I religiously lurk the forum waiting for patch notes i won't experience until the next world drops.
The_Blode

Postby azrid » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:12 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:longposting

I agree bro.
My original reaction was also the market value of this water.
They could always create top quality by watering it down to make it believable.
azrid

Postby Traveller » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:37 am

Harunobu wrote:Not surprised. I think the devs are to blame.
If you have an obvious bug like this in your game known since World 10 (when was Dig Deeper added?), and heavily abused the last half decade, and you only take action now, then wtf.
So this game has been rigged for the last 7 years. And on top of that, all the major hardcore players are banned? WTF

How many other bugs does this game right now that either will be not discovered/fixed or fixed 4 worlds from now?

When the devs said the curio with the most LP gain is the cave angler light, how does this not immediately raise a red flag?

And if you play this game since world 10 and you know about this exploit and it was never fixed, known to all major factions, heavily abused, how the hell can you not assume it is fair game?

Water is probably the most important item in the game to have a high quality of. No surprise that these factions have a factor 2.5 to 3.0 quality bonus to everyone playing near optimally and normally.

BTW, if Snugglesnail and his alts are banned, why is he posting here bragging about it? Rather than banned and using an alt to rage he can no longer play this game?

I fully support a world reset for this. But the devs should first do a deep dive to find similar exploits and address these as well.

Haven was always like that. It's part of the game
Traveller

Postby Ø » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:55 am

Dawidio123 wrote:cheese

Rennet is highly impacted by water. My cheese farm went from q40~ rennet to q80-90 with this water upgrade.

That said, thanks for listing the other items I should be focusing on. It's actually useful information to a nooby like myself and I have not seen it listed anywhere easily accessible.

Also, anyone wanna trade for a cupboard of mbc q39+?
Ø

Postby Harunobu » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:14 am

Traveller wrote:
Harunobu wrote:Not surprised. I think the devs are to blame.
If you have an obvious bug like this in your game known since World 10 (when was Dig Deeper added?), and heavily abused the last half decade, and you only take action now, then wtf.
So this game has been rigged for the last 7 years. And on top of that, all the major hardcore players are banned? WTF

How many other bugs does this game right now that either will be not discovered/fixed or fixed 4 worlds from now?

When the devs said the curio with the most LP gain is the cave angler light, how does this not immediately raise a red flag?

And if you play this game since world 10 and you know about this exploit and it was never fixed, known to all major factions, heavily abused, how the hell can you not assume it is fair game?

Water is probably the most important item in the game to have a high quality of. No surprise that these factions have a factor 2.5 to 3.0 quality bonus to everyone playing near optimally and normally.

BTW, if Snugglesnail and his alts are banned, why is he posting here bragging about it? Rather than banned and using an alt to rage he can no longer play this game?

I fully support a world reset for this. But the devs should first do a deep dive to find similar exploits and address these as well.

Haven was always like that. It's part of the game

If cheating is and was part of the game, then why are they banned now? But not half a decade ago? Your comment makes no sense, tbh.

Also, I ask again. How many exploited bugs does this game have right now that the devs could know about, but don't, and will maybe only addressed 5 worlds from now (as if this game will last that long...)?
@Jorb @Loftar, please answer.
Harunobu

Postby Ø » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:57 pm

Harunobu wrote:How many exploited bugs does this game have right now that the devs could know about, but don't?

How are the devs supposed to know an unknown?

:roll:

Answer your own question. How many exploited bugs does this game have in it right now?
Ø

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:12 pm

Ø wrote:How many exploited bugs does this game have in it right now?

I know the Koreans have a very significant industry/stat bug that's been active for at least 2 worlds, and I know Felix/Coco squads each have a funny stat bug but idk how impactful it is yet. Neither will be investigated seriously until I get steps to reproduce. Neither will result in harsh punishments unless they do something unrelated to piss off Jorbtar. I'm also pretty sure wandering sage is bugged and Coco squad knows about it, but I'm never going to try to test that again after my sage character got yeeted lmso

If I spent the dozens of hours required to figure out these bugs and report it, after they've been used against me for years, my reward will be maybe jorb giving me a worthless pink cape, but usually not. It makes sense major bugs last so long when there is neither a carrot nor a stick for reporting, and you have to take the effort to learn how it works yourself before they're willing to do anything about it.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements