Game Development: Milling Water

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Milling Water

Postby jorb » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:41 pm

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added "Watermill", a small house which can be built near water, and which can power two machines. The Watermill cannot be bashed by hand, and can thus be built contigously with walls for a measure of safety.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Reverted the recent changes to the speed buffs provided by the "Forager" credo and "Bunny Slippers", due to public outcry. It could perhaps be argued that "Bunny Slippers" are particularly egregious in this regard, as they enforce a meta where "Bunny Slippers" are the only footwear possible to use in PvP. Feel free to suggest changes. Reverting for now, but open to arguments.
  • The "Well Cooked" buff from the "Chef" credo should now be applied to dough-type items as well, e.g. "Bread" and such. Same for the chance to double output-buff.
  • Added a build exclusion zone around "Thing Challenge"s, preventing their use as wall objects.
  • You should no longer get teleported into deep water if riding with swimming enabled and teleporting to a "Thingwall".
  • Fixed a bug by which it was possible to road-teleport a "Knarr" into e.g. a "Catapult".
  • Fixed a bug by which it was possible to instantly smelt "Well Mined" ore in "Stack Furnace"s.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Fixed a bug which could cause loose rock objects to be destroyed instantly when being placed.
  • Buffed most baked goods.
  • Bushes can no longer be planted inside one another.

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Items, for the fair price of $9, is the "Red Chef's Hat".

Store Description wrote:Image$9 Red with the juices of life, and of strawberries, served cold, and with rich, frothy, cream.

All Gold subscribers have been awarded the "Red Chef's Hat", free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Again urging any custom client maker who wishes to stay relevant to get with the new rendering times. Support for the old resources will be dropped at some point.
  • Our primary development direction is toward object-controlled-objects.
  • Time to... like us on Facebook?
  • Time to... follow us on Twitter?

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Milling Water

Postby ulbu » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:42 pm

YES.
On a side note, stone castle when?
Last edited by ulbu on Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ulbu

Postby Stoltz » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:42 pm

pog
Stoltz

Postby Lambsauce » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:43 pm

good post op
I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of ass
Lambsauce

Postby MarcusXDead » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:45 pm

Can you also make smoked sausages retain well cokked buff as well?
^The wall of text^
MarcusXDead

Postby Clemins » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:45 pm

Neat! Also cool changes; glad to see critter chasing bonuses are back! (Feel free to re-revert bunny slippers back again, though; wearing plate boots was nice!)

Also, when are you going to let me use lobster in crab recipes??
Clemins

Postby pbbllt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:46 pm

Reverted the recent changes to the speed buffs provided by the "Forager" credo and "Bunny Slippers", due to public outcry. It could perhaps be argued that "Bunny Slippers" are particularly egregious in this regard, as they enforce a meta where "Bunny Slippers" are the only footwear possible to use in PvP. Feel free to suggest changes. Reverting for now, but open to arguments.

Now THIS is... terrible. Outcry was made by bunch of loud retards "MUH I CANT RUN NOW REEEE", the pre-revert version did exactly what was expected of credo. Cringe change.

But I love the mill addition, can't wait to see how it looks ingame, that's a good job.

EDIT: now I have to add all this critter trash again to fuck up my minimap just so I have to use the bonus, thanks obama

EDIT2: update broke boats, can't disembark directly onto land now, must jump into water first
Last edited by pbbllt on Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pbbllt

Postby TraxayaNoNelubya » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:46 pm

PEVEPMA
TraxayaNoNelubya

Postby DonVelD » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:46 pm

Hey thanks for reverting the speedbuff thing. Prayeremoji
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Barbamaus » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:49 pm

Interesting!

jorb wrote:[*] Added "Watermill", a small house which can be built near water, and which can power two machines.

What does it mean powering machines?
Is this a future update, or something that already has any application?

jorb wrote:[*] Reverted the recent changes to the speed buffs provided by the "Forager" credo and "Bunny Slippers", due to public outcry.

Whyyy???

I think you're confusing a bunch of loud players on the forum with the community as a whole. Speed buffs are bad, and bunny slippers are worse!
Barbamaus

Next

Return to Announcements