Game Development: Buzzcut Board

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Buzzcut Board

Postby loftar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:25 am

APXEOLOG wrote:2. It's kinda logical that the blade saw defines the quality, and not the glue you used to stick the machine together.

Eh, not so sure about that. You obviously need to build a good and rigid frame to get well-sawn boards. The blade metal already does weigh more heavily toward the final quality than the rest of the components, though.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:08 am

abt79 wrote:
JTB wrote:
abt79 wrote:and yet watermills can still block rivers quite permanently?

Not permanently, just right until you siege it. Siege mechanic is even more great this world than previous, whats wrong with it, why dont you try? :)

yes the state of siedge is definitely allright :)

All a new player has to do to be allowed to use rivers is:
  • Buy siegecraft skill (total of ~250kLP on fresh char)
  • Break thingpeace (camp challenge for at least a few days because tin/lead)
  • Camp siege engine for a day or two, hope nobody defends the watermill blockage via combat or altspam or arch towers because you’ll never catch up to their stats
  • Repeat every time they find a blocked river
  • actually understand how to do all of this

Totally easy day one!

So you think a day oen character should be able to siege a water mill :| what about all the effort and resources the person put into building watermills :| :| :| don't you care about the little player just building thewir own water mills? :| :| :| :| :| :| just think of the newly spawned watermill bashign bots :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby jordancoles » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:50 am

Neat
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Robertzon » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:02 am

interesting
Robertzon

Postby xyzzy57 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:24 am

More breakage. Using Ender client, I found a new-to-me thingwall. No symbol, no entry in the natural list in the ctrl-a menu. The word "Thingwall" can be seen in the mini-map, without a name or symbol.

That's not the only problem I've seen with displaying "placed" and "natural" flags since this update. It's merely the one that's most crippling.

I've also searched a moderately large area and not found a single cave. Cave markings in areas I'd already explored still appear. But locating new cave appears to be at least as hard as locating burrows. (Burrow don't show on the minimap or the ctrl-a map. Caves did, until this update.)

Once again, I'm using the Ender client. This is *probably* the update breaking something that Ender relied on, and replacing it with something Ender has not been updated to use.
xyzzy57

Postby Fr_Dae » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:35 am

xyzzy57 wrote:More breakage. Using Ender client, I found a new-to-me thingwall. No symbol, no entry in the natural list in the ctrl-a menu. The word "Thingwall" can be seen in the mini-map, without a name or symbol.

That's not the only problem I've seen with displaying "placed" and "natural" flags since this update. It's merely the one that's most crippling.

I've also searched a moderately large area and not found a single cave. Cave markings in areas I'd already explored still appear. But locating new cave appears to be at least as hard as locating burrows. (Burrow don't show on the minimap or the ctrl-a map. Caves did, until this update.)

Once again, I'm using the Ender client. This is *probably* the update breaking something that Ender relied on, and replacing it with something Ender has not been updated to use.

What does this have to do with the subject in hand?
then, you have options activated on ender and on your map, such as text or the display of icons that you've probably hidden, the barrows are to be marked yourself (you can click on a barro with the "add marker" button, which automatically writes "Barrow").
Fr_Dae

Postby xyzzy57 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:41 am

xyzzy57 wrote:More breakage. Using Ender client, I found a new-to-me thingwall. No symbol, no entry in the natural list in the ctrl-a menu. The word "Thingwall" can be seen in the mini-map, without a name or symbol.

I logged the same character in using the vanilla client. There is a thingwall symbol on the minimap. I'm not getting a name, either from the minimap or from interacting with the thingwall. It's not appearing as text floating on the map or as a tool tip that shows when you mouse over it. Since part of the issue may be the flag I added, "Thingwall with no name", I removed it. In the vanilla client, there's a thingwall symbol, with no name. (In the Ender client, there's a name "Thingwall" with no symbol.)

With both Ender and vanilla, I selected "natural" "by type" and stepped through every thingwall in my map. (It's a *long* list. I trade maps with some rabid explorer types.) None of them showed my current location at the thingwall location. Also, none of the names matched the three thingwalls that I *might* have found. (I.e. names I recall as being in this general area.)

Also, with vanilla: I believe this TW is owned by a kingdom. I believe that means the kingdom's banner should be showing on the thingwall. It's *possible* this kingdom has a more-or-less plain white banner with some brown streaking. But I suspect that's yet another display bug.
Last edited by xyzzy57 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy57

Postby ksillema » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:04 am

What is the correct price for the hat? 5 or 9?
ksillema

Postby Mr_Bober » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:28 am

xyzzy57 wrote:I logged the same character in using the vanilla client. There is a thingwall symbol on the minimap. I'm not getting a name, either from the minimap or from interacting with the thingwall. It's not appearing as text floating on the map or as a tool tip that shows when you mouse over it. Since part of the issue may be the flag I added, "Thingwall with no name", I removed it. In the vanilla client, there's a thingwall symbol, with no name. (In the Ender client, there's a name "Thingwall" with no symbol.)

With both Ender and vanilla, I selected "natural" "by type" and stepped through every thingwall in my map. (It's a *long* list. I trade maps with some rabid explorer types.) None of them showed my current location at the thingwall location. Also, none of the names matched the three thingwalls that I *might* have found. (I.e. names I recall as being in this general area.)

Also, with vanilla: I believe this TW is owned by a kingdom. I believe that means the kingdom's banner should be showing on the thingwall. It's *possible* this kingdom has a more-or-less plain white banner with some brown streaking. But I suspect that's yet another display bug.

Vanilla never showed the thingwall name floating on the minimap. It only shows it on the larger map from the list to the right.

Anyway you should open a bug report about this, stuff gets lots fast in this chat
Mr_Bober

Postby freemazavr » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:48 am

I am very sorry for the resources spent on this garbage. I found my 220-quality iron saw in the trash somewhere. I made a water mill, I collected all the top resources for this machine. The sawmill turned out to be of 188 quality , I put 152 logs , 169 boards at the output :-((( do not waste your resources , strength and nerves. In any market, you can now buy a 250+ quality iron saw for a penny.
Attachments
trash.JPG
trash.JPG (82.47 KiB) Viewed 434 times
freemazavr

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements