Quality bug

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Re: Quality bug

Postby VDZ » Wed May 20, 2015 7:47 pm

ramones wrote:
bmjclark wrote:Why bother fixing it when this whole version of the game is likely to be irrelevant soon (™)? :P

That is for those that will play the new version. And I doubt the fix would take more than few mins just to raise quality cap or what not, so most likely they don't do it jut because they don't like me :D

In practice it's never that easy. Even for the simplest bugs there's collecting the known symptoms of the bug, trying to duplicate the bug, then finding out where exactly things go wrong in the code. Then the actual fix can take anything from a second (that - should have been a +) to a complete rewrite of underlying systems (maybe the current system does not support the sending of quality value data above a certain number and the entire object transfer protocol would need to be modified, possibly causing further problems in underlying systems - all of this needs to be re-tested afterwards, too).

Not to mention the many situations in which a quick fix is technically possible, but where fixing it that way would only lead to more bugs down the road and the only proper solution is to completely rework how something works internally.

Also: do you really need CTCs above q800? Most games cap this kind of stuff way before it reaches such ridiculous values, I can't imagine that people walking around in q800+ gear is the way the game was meant to be played.
VDZ

Previous

Return to Bugs