Parcment writing

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Parcment writing

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:17 pm

I searched and saw a bug of reading parchment, but I think the same happens with writing it. I had opened up a wicker basket with two unwritten parchments in it, I was about to write on one, but decided not to, walked away, box was still there. I attacked a boar, was about to deliever the finishing blow to it, but I tried closing the box. The writing box was still there, My flexing came undone, I lost the boar. This bug costed me my lunch :( It also comes undone with crafting too.
DDDsDD999

Re: Parcment writing

Postby mvgulik » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:50 am

Saw this one to.

Not sure if its linked to having a unwritten parchment in the container. (did not write a behavior report when experimenting with it.)
But in general:
- parchment message box sticks around after activating it from inside a container.
- cant be directly closed manually. (clinking [x] wont close it directly)
- parchment message will close when opening a container (same or other one). (forgot if that is with or without having clicked the [x] first)

---

Also already reported: Reading a parchment bug
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Bump :cry:

Just had my wicker mailbox trashed. :?

As nothing was missing, other than the wicker basket, and no message was written.
It seems that in this case it might be related to the message-box bug.
- As in: Player tried to get rid of those annoying parchment-message-box(s) by getting rid of the basket. (not sure if that actually works.)

If this is something that can be fixed by editing the related Res file, let me know. Although I doubt it would be that easy. (This don't seem to be possible, at least not to me.)

(Guess adding a run-stone with a link to related and updated Rob-wiki page is in order.)
Last edited by mvgulik on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:56 pm

Data dump:
- Limited to blank/unwritten parchments.
- Unwritten parchment message-box, from players inventory, can't be closed as long as the parchment is in the players inventory.
- Unwritten parchment message-box opened from other container stay up until a (any) container is opened and closed again. Closing the players inventory will also close the message-box. (Container-box auto-closed on opening the Unwritten parchment from it.)
- General additional way to close the unwritten parchment message-box is to drop the parchment on the ground.

(Bug 224 - Blank parchment, closing input box issue.)
Last edited by mvgulik on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:50 pm

Lost a other wicker mailbox. :?:
(No message left, Empty crate still there, Bolder also available.)

Ergo: B.U.M.P
mvgulik

Return to Bugs