Java update 45, default client - Connection refused: Connect

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Game Clients

Postby UnkieB » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:53 am

Hello im new to this game and ive seen alot of talks about people using game clients?

I currently am suffering from a issue inwhich i get " Connection Refused: Connect" and some people have said Enders? client works
so basically im wondering does anyone have a link i can go to , to download the client all post's ive found have been 2011 based
UnkieB

Re: Game Clients

Postby thechop96 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:44 am

The client can be download from this link. http://www.mediafire.com/hnh_ender

and the forum post for any questions about the client http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14575
thechop96

Re: Java update disagrees with H&H?

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:47 am

Just to make sure: those that switched to Ender's to avoid the boot problems with Java conflicts, have you made sure ports are open and not being blocked by firewalls/routers? Ports required: TCP 1871, UDP 1870. Also: some security software really doesn't like Java. You can bang your head against the wall and just won't get any Java to work while it is in installed, need to turn it off, or sometimes add specific parameters.

Wasn't there a troubleshooting flowchart that worked through the majority of some of these issues?

edit: found the thread. The image link is broken (at least for me). viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12278&hilit=flow+chart#p136300
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Guard1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:05 am

It works for me. Some people might need to change path to their java directory in case if their run.bat file used full path. Mine doesn't, and here it is:
java -Xms512m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se

On a side note old java sucks - soooo many vulnerabilities.... My PC was virtually haunted by dozens of java exploits.
Actually, I suspect the new one isn't that better than previous, but it's still worth installing.
Guard1

I cant login

Postby septavius » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:44 am

It says Connection refused: connect :cry:
septavius

Re: I cant login

Postby Pjotr84 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:50 am

Have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall and/or antivirus program?
_Gunnar wrote:Sorry, my bots achieved sentience and started writing other bots...

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Connection refused: connect I cant play

Postby BrotherEarnest » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:26 am

I heard of the game but when I click play button to open new window and type user and pass in it says "Connection refused: connect" and it wont let me online. Any help would be appreciated.
BrotherEarnest

cant connect to server

Postby zanruos » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:40 am

hello i am trying to play the game and it keps saying cannot connect to server/ refuses to connect whats going on here.it has my user name and password save but it dosent allow me to go to ch selection.. what wrong
zanruos

Re: cant connect to server

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:01 am

It's possible you have the same issue as here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34101
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vipic » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Thank you for the warning, ill hold off on the update for now,

This link might help those of you having problems, it is Sun's page for getting the older versions of java. You might be able to roll back to the older version of SE7 I wouldn't recommend going back any farther than that unless you are capable of reinstalling your operating system and don't give a shit about viruses.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/archive-139210.html

Step A: Uninstall Your Java
Step B: Install Older Version of Java
Step C: Disable Java AutoUpdate
Step D: Profit

Edit: I just updated my java to see if I could emulate your problem unfortunately my union client still seems to work... sorry I could not be of more help

Edit#2: Tried the updated Ark.su Groovy version and KT client both those seem to work as well. Borka says do not go back before 7u40 and all the computers are belong to him so follow his advice above mine.
Last edited by vipic on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vipic

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs