Question

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Question

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:41 pm

Reposting here.

I picked up two scents on a friend's plot: one trespassing, one theft. As I picked up theft, the green cloud turned purple and the scent I got appeared as a regular tress, both with the same decay (9) even though they were committed very recently. However, it still had all the options theft does. I picked it up again and still got tress-image, tress-decay rate, but theft options.

Reloading the area made the cloud turn green again but I didn't pick it up a third time to confirm.

My question: is there anything anyone wants to share about this?

Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Re: Question

Postby ravenguard19 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:25 pm

venatorvenator wrote:Reposting here.

I picked up two scents on a friend's plot: one trespassing, one theft. As I picked up theft, the green cloud turned purple and the scent I got appeared as a regular tress, both with the same decay (9) even though they were committed very recently. However, it still had all the options theft does. I picked it up again and still got tress-image, tress-decay rate, but theft options.

Reloading the area made the cloud turn green again but I didn't pick it up a third time to confirm.

My question: is there anything anyone wants to share about this?

Sometimes, if you only have tresspasing skill and you use the container stealing bug (you lift a container and place it at the very edge of the claim, then pick it from the other side, standing not on that claim and then reloging) you leave a tresspasing scent that got options like a theft scent. Dunno if it actually shows like a theft scent, when i tried it it was a plain tresspasing scent lying where i left that container.

Because we can and we will.... die!
ravenguard19

Postby venatorvenator » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:09 pm

Thanks for the explanation. But that wasn't the case: I have all black skills and didn't lift or pick anything, just took the scent. What's weirder is that the cloud turned purple in front of my eyes and remained that way until I reloaded the area, while still giving out purple theft scents.
venatorvenator

Postby borka » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Prolly it's interesting to know what caused the theft scent i.e. picking up a curio from the ground or taking an object from a container ?
Also: Pclaim, Vclaim or both ?
borka

Postby venatorvenator » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:32 pm

I don't know what they did to generate the scent, but seeing that the victim had nothing of value it was probably an empty chest from inside a boat.

And only v claim, no pc claim.

More information is that the scent disappeared quickly, as if it were just a trespass scent.
venatorvenator

Return to Bugs