No LP returned from claim.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

No LP returned from claim.

Postby SpectralSurge » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:16 pm

Sadly I couldn't get to a computer with an online connection for a while. (IRL issues)
When I finally did get back, someone else moved into my place... Ok, I can deal with that.
Log into my main character who spawns somewhere in the wild... Still have the same amount of LP I had before I lost my place.
So, are people like... supposed to lose all of the LP they put into their claim? I thought that was like a guaranteed way of saving it, least what I was told.
SpectralSurge

Re: No LP returned from claim.

Postby borka » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:54 pm

So your claim stake got destroyed ?
borka

Postby Morrighan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:13 am

Those LP are only returned if your claim stake is destroyed or you "de-claim" your plot. Someone can destroy your hearthfire, forcing you to spawn into the wilderness, without destroying your claim stake. Look for the option to de-claim under the adventure menu.
Morrighan

Postby Arcanist » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:23 am

If it's destroyed, or de claimed by village LS, you will not have the LP returned.
Arcanist

Postby Morrighan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:18 pm

Thanks for that info Arcanist, I was not aware of that!
Morrighan

Postby SpectralSurge » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:16 am

Yes it was destroyed, as another unit that I'd given permissions too could not enter the claim without trespassing.

If what Arcanist says is true, that's just a sad way of treating players.
I was told that pumping my claim kept the points safe so if I died I could de-claim to get them back, as well as if anyone destroyed it I would get a refund.

I couldn't see any village outpost, though I have to say I like what the new residents of my 'old' claim have done with the place. Typically I just hear about places being sacked, just sad that I put in a ton of work only for someone else to take over and probably not do anything close to what I had originally had in mind.

Honestly I wouldn't be so sad about it, if it wasn't for the fact of losing around... what, 2 mil worth of points? I dunno, just remember it would cost me about 300+K for further extensions.

I'm thinking I'll just wait for the reset, no idea when or if it'll happen. With most of the power point areas having already been claimed while the resources they provide are either hoarded or left to despawn, I doubt the world would be able to keep for much longer.

Maybe world 8 will provide more fluctuation, keep power points from being completely camp-able. Maybe when your place gets taken over people will actually get there points back. And maybe there'll be a day your character suddenly craps gold.
Only Jorb knows.

Till then, I'm out.
SpectralSurge

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:29 am

A few critical changes have been made with the way claims work over the years. Used to be that this was a safe practice, but it made for a lot of huge, annoying claims by players trying to avoid game mechanics. Thus the change.

It really is each player's responsibility to stay up with changes made to a continuously developing game. (I realize the changes are few and far between sometimes, but this did make it into patch notes for the latest world reset.)

The new server will be a whole new version, not just a few updates, and the current server will stay open until jorbtar are happy with the development and implementation on the new. There's been some previews and a lot of chatter about it in Announcements. many of us have given up on the current world due to boredom, death, village break-up, etc., and are waiting on "Haven .2.0"
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Bugs