Death/character creation bug

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Death/character creation bug

Postby LadyV » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:23 am

I just made a new spawned alt for fun and exploration. Did all my discoveries and saw and interesting village across a river. Well I bought swimming and misjudged by one tile. Anyway it threw me to the character screen and still in the mood to explore I made a new one. Well the new character still had the abilities of the old one. I could swim and all. I did lose them upon log out but its still an issue to even have them temporarily.
LadyV

Re: Death/character creation bug

Postby loftar » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:24 pm

Actually, this is mostly a client-only bug in that it forgets to remove the menu items whenever you switch characters without logging out fully (the only way to do that being, of course, to die). It's ugly, but it doesn't normally matter as the server won't let you actually choose items that you don't have the skills for anyway, but there does appear to be a bug in Swimming particularly that doesn't do that skill-check. Will fix, but I'm fairly sure you didn't have "all" the abilities of the previous characters; it was most likely just swimming that happened to work.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Re: Death/character creation bug

Postby shubla » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:00 pm

loftar wrote:Will fix,.

This fixing needs world reset?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Return to Bugs