OATHING ! ! ! !

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Re: THIS TITLE HAS TOO MANY SPACES AND EXCLAMATION MARKS

Postby SilverBull » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:20 am

venatorvenator wrote:Lol what's going on in this thread?

Yes, that's what they said. But what matters is what they will end up doing, and the talk was about them reworking trade and oathing in such a manner that would make the life of casual hermits and non-faction players very hard as several of us pointed out - so hard, in fact, that for me the most reasonable way out would be to join major villages, thus bloating factions, reducing loner population, and increasing sociability. You denied that was the case, and I argued that this might be case.

lets put this in simple terms, theres alot of hermits thats been backstabed and murdered by so many villages they lose trust in others or they just want to play alone of thier choice, bloating factions leads to massive batrayels and cramped spaces to where people start killing eachother expl. GreyCity for instance and i think AD is starting to do the same, a freind got backstabbed by 3 others there, ontop of that you got communist villagers/chieftans that expect you to wring out and slave like a little bitch instead of actualy socializing and enjoying the game (alot of us have work, rl situations and tasks we need to do) theres very few out there that are half decent people out there
SilverBull

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:26 am

SilverBull wrote:
venatorvenator wrote:Lol what's going on in this thread?

Yes, that's what they said. But what matters is what they will end up doing, and the talk was about them reworking trade and oathing in such a manner that would make the life of casual hermits and non-faction players very hard as several of us pointed out - so hard, in fact, that for me the most reasonable way out would be to join major villages, thus bloating factions, reducing loner population, and increasing sociability. You denied that was the case, and I argued that this might be case.

lets put this in simple terms, theres alot of hermits thats been backstabed and murdered by so many villages they lose trust in others or they just want to play alone of thier choice, bloating factions leads to massive batrayels and cramped spaces to where people start killing eachother expl. GreyCity for instance and i think AD is starting to do the same, a freind got backstabbed by 3 others there, ontop of that you got communist villagers/chieftans that expect you to wring out and slave like a little bitch instead of actualy socializing and enjoying the game (alot of us have work, rl situations and tasks we need to do) theres very few out there that are half decent people out there

To continue on the bloating faction betrayal... Simply approach your "faction" as a firm (company). You only give the classified information to people who need it to work for you. Don't give the "grunts" anything that can be used to backstab you, and place only the most trusted people on the positions that require being able to backstab you.
This is a very simple way to really reduce odds of getting backstabbed, and even if you do, it most likely won't be someone who can do some actual damage.
I've seen villagers killing each other, but that has nothing to do with bloating factions, it's in between the villagers, and again, don't give someone a gun and not protect yourself from getting shot.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby SilverBull » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:30 am

NOOBY93 wrote:To continue on the bloating faction betrayal... Simply approach your "faction" as a firm (company). You only give the classified information to people who need it to work for you. Don't give the "grunts" anything that can be used to backstab you, and place only the most trusted people on the positions that require being able to backstab you.
This is a very simple way to really reduce odds of getting backstabbed, and even if you do, it most likely won't be someone who can do some actual damage.
I've seen villagers killing each other, but that has nothing to do with bloating factions, it's in between the villagers, and again, don't give someone a gun and not protect yourself from getting shot.

the main problem i see with this statement is that a weapon can easily be made or stolen from either the village or an abanonded place or even outside freinds if they are sent in as spies, as for the odds of being backstabbed in most of my cases it was the people who founded the village or been in it for a long time
SilverBull

Postby NOOBY93 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:10 pm

SilverBull wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:To continue on the bloating faction betrayal... Simply approach your "faction" as a firm (company). You only give the classified information to people who need it to work for you. Don't give the "grunts" anything that can be used to backstab you, and place only the most trusted people on the positions that require being able to backstab you.

the main problem i see with this statement is that a weapon can easily be made or stolen from either the village or an abanonded place or even outside freinds if they are sent in as spies, as for the odds of being backstabbed in most of my cases it was the people who founded the village or been in it for a long time

Again, if you don't want people to backstab you, simply don't trust them.
Everyone assumes the people who founded a village or been in it for a long time can be trusted, but I've met a guy that killed his own farmer character after sharing it with a friend, because he didn't get his chest of food or something like that.
People get very moody sometimes, and if you simply don't trust any of them, your village will work.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Previous

Return to Bugs