Not being able to spawn

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Not being able to spawn

Postby evo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:07 pm

Hey guys,

I've been facing this problem lately:

I'm not able to play with my main character anymore.
I can play with other characters but they also randomly log out.

This problem does not occur because of the client or java, I know because I've tried out other clients and installed other versions of Java.

when I tried playing at school it suddenly worked

Then I got home and it didn't work again.

I gave my username and password to my cousin so that he could try and appearently it just worked when he tried.

So I don't think this problem is related to my laptop/java/client (otherwise it wouldn't have worked at school) but rather to my WiFi (something wrong with IP?)
Hope that I can get to fix it soon :(

Edit, here's another screenshot, I can see the Heartfire's flame and the fox moving but I can't move my character or interact with anything

evo

Re: Not being able to spawn

Postby Arcanist » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:26 am

just shooting in the dark, but if it's only one character you have a problem with, have you tried deleting his belts file?
Arcanist

Postby loftar » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:17 am

You're clearly having network trouble preventing you from receiving some packets from the server (possibly those over a certain size threshold). I can't say I have any way to tell what is causing it, but it's likely either bad wireless, or a bad router. Which also explains why it worked "at school".
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Xcom » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:01 am

I remember a similar case were the router was the culprit. Swapping it fixed the problem.
Xcom

Postby wicked » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:39 pm

Try deleting belts_"nameofyourchar". And run again.
wicked

Postby evo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:12 pm

Deleting the belts did not help.

I don't think the router is the problem, I have been playing quiet a while with this router.
Just had quit for a few months. And now that I'm back it doesn't work anymore...
In meanwhile I did reset the router configuration though. So maybe there are some exceptions I should make in the router's configuration??
evo

Postby borka » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:18 pm

first grab the updater.jar from Ender https://github.com/EnderWiggin/haven-updater/releases (top one), drop it in your Ender folder and run it ...
borka

Postby loftar » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:26 am

evo wrote:I don't think the router is the problem, I have been playing quiet a while with this router.

You could debug it by connecting the router at a friend's place/school/work or wherever else you can verify that the game is working without the router. If it stops working through the router, then clearly the router is at fault.

Even if it isn't, however, this is clearly a network problem, so if it isn't the router, that just means it's somewhere else, but there's no way for me to say where. It could perhaps be your modem, physical lines, your ISP or even just some random backbone router on the way between you and the server.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Trev » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:06 am

Starting yesterday, i have also had this problem. Usually happens every (1/3) times i log in.
Kinda weird, since i can see other people moving, and everything works, other than i cant move or see ground tiles.

edit: - tried rebooting router (no change)
- tried deleting belts (no change)
discord: trevorhnh
Trev

Return to Bugs