Seeds and tile distance

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Seeds and tile distance

Postby Rofo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:01 pm

I didnt searched very deeply but havent found this issue in anywere else.
Not even sure if this is really a game bug or something else, like a conection problem.

So here's the deal: I cant plant seeds on the tiles next to me, only on distant ones. I was replanting my wax farm when noticed this.

I actually measured, in order for planting to work, I had to be at least 3 tiles away from the targeted tile. But sometimes this "minimum distance" seems to randomly increase for no reason and then go back to 3.

The tiles are plowed, I have farming skill (80) and I tried 3 diferent mouses plus my mouse-pad... still nothing.
Logout and login didnt worked either.

The planting works fine if I'm thouse 3 tiles away, so it cant be that bug where the ground apears plowed but it actually isn't because it decayed back to normal.
Still I plowed the ground again, just to double check... still nothing

Needless to say, this is not how it used to work
At this point I pretty much gave up and came here to write this.

Whatever this is, it doesnt seem to "forbid" the act of seeding, it only makes it annoying when you have to go back and forth on a 13 radius field.
Hell, even on a 3*2 poppy patch its annoying.

PS: if this matters anything, Im using Ender's client, newest update

Edit: Oh by the way, this happens when I whant to put seeds on a fooder tray. It doesnt work when Im close to it, meaning I have to go back and forth at least 3 tiles per every seed I whant to put in the fooder tray. Talk about annoying :|
Rofo

Re: Seeds and tile distance

Postby adyroty » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:52 pm

idk what is the problem, sometimes happends to me when holding things on cursor, ex: buckets>can't put milk in curding tub or barel unles 2 tiles away from it, or seed in food trough, 90% of cases restarting the client resolve the isue
P.S. i'm using anemone
adyroty

Postby Metruption » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:13 pm

Sometimes I can't plant on the tile directly west of me
Metruption

Postby LadyV » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Enders has a slight issue with seed planting. You can do one of three things. 1) scroll your mouse wheel back and forth to reset the view and then try to plant, 2) you and walk away a distance then come back, 3) You can enter a building and then exit back. If none of these fix the problem re-plow the area. Some times a decay tick hits causing the field to lose plow but because your still standing there it still shows as plowed.
LadyV

Postby Rofo » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:00 pm

LadyV wrote:Enders has a slight issue with seed planting. You can do one of three things. 1) scroll your mouse wheel back and forth to reset the view and then try to plant, 2) you and walk away a distance then come back, 3) You can enter a building and then exit back. If none of these fix the problem re-plow the area. Some times a decay tick hits causing the field to lose plow but because your still standing there it still shows as plowed.

1- Thats a new one, haven't tried. What exacly does the mouse wheel do?

2- Tried it, went to a diferent property about 20 minimaps away (dont know other way to measure it) and still had the seed issue.

3- Nope, cant be that, for 2 reasons: First, because seeding still works when I do it from a distance, thus proving the tile is indeed plowed. Second, as mentioned I thought of that too and plowed it again just to double check.

Either way when I log on today the issue was gone. So my guess is that it either ocurs at random or needs some specifc circumstance or similar.
If I get this thing again, I'll make sure to try out the mouse wheel thing.

Thanks for the help anyway
Rofo

Return to Bugs