Alt spawning breaking combat

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Alt spawning breaking combat

Postby Atamzsiktrop » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:26 pm

Okay, alt spawning got to a point where it's just ridiculous. At this point it's pointless fighting as the alts are spammed so bad that fighting turns into looking at your own character so you don't get blocked. Seriously. In some fights over 3-5 alts are spawned to get a kill. The problem is even worse since we discovered it costs nothing to make them. Fresh spawned characters are used to leave vandal scents (you don't even have to buy any skills) and later used in combat to spawn in front of people.

Mostly AD use the bug but in some fights Dis have used it as well. But fighting AD is just pointless cuz you just end up getting spammed until you are dead. They stupidly justify it saying that combat is broken otherwise. But this video just shows how much alts are spammed until they get a kill [Troll's death] and [Sheldor's death]. They have literally destroyed the combat with this stupid bug. You can use it defensively when you are getting chased aswell. Spawn behind you to block people as they are trying to get to you. You can even use bots to spawn it on the player path. What's really funny though - you can see them using a dedicated alt spawning character with traveller sacks in the video.

If combat was fixed according to AD the solo guy in the video should have stood still, tanking the 3 characters that were chasing him. In other words, he died because combat is about automatically dying when they are chasing you.

Worst thing is, loftar knows about it and doesn't do anything.

This is how you make unlimited alt spawn factory (there might be other ways though, we don't really know - 1 AD guy said something about leanto once).

Use a fresh spawned alt and start bashing a barter stand. Just make sure you have criminal acts turned on and the barter stand have an owner.

You can pretty much make 500 alts and then use them in combat. All loftar needs to do is to make it so alts don't spawn right where you click.
Last edited by Atamzsiktrop on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atamzsiktrop

Re: Alt spawning breaking combat

Postby shubla » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Bots that spawn ring or wall of alts in second incoming!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby strpk0 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:36 pm

This is dumb, and it's really stupid to see that even though the devs are well aware of this, they have chosen to do nothing about it.
I'm not saying they are FORCED to, but jesus fucking christ how hard is it to make it so dead characters have no hitbox? 5 minutes of coding and you will make the combat atleast bearable once again, and allow a lot of people to enjoy the game without being forced to abuse bugs in order to defend themselves. There are actually some people that would rather die than abuse stupid shit like this, and it's them that are getting screwed over by asshats like AD that just abuse bugs and then try to justify it.

And to AD, you guys are a bunch of morons. You say this alt spamming bullshit is a "fix" for combat, but clearly you're just abusing it to get easy kills.
Pussies.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:50 pm

lets use a bug 2 use a bug and an alt 2 spawn alts ;D
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Granger » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:03 pm

strpk0 wrote:how hard is it to make it so dead characters have no hitbox?

This would break other mechanics, like trapping attackers in cellars:

Flee into cellar, wait on tile east of the stairs - in case someone chases you there you use the stairs and then stay still.
This will trap the attacker in the cellar, and in case they are a group they have to decide between your skull and to let their buddy out of the cellar.

Without hitbox on dead bodys this wouldn't work anymore.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby strpk0 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Granger wrote:

Flee into cellar, wait on tile east of the stairs - in case someone chases you there you use the stairs and then stay still.
This will trap the attacker in the cellar, and in case they are a group they have to decide between your skull and to let their buddy out of the cellar.

I don't get it. The attacker trapped in the cellar could simply wait until you die and teleport out, then run back to the place.
Besides, you will die anyways so what's the point?
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Cayur » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Granger wrote:

LOL when has this ever been used
Cayur

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:08 pm

Granger wrote:

CLEARLY TRAPPING PPL IN A CELLAR IS A RLLY IMPORTANT MECHANIC but rlly in a fight if sum1s in cellar they will bash body and run down and kill u 100%
ChildhoodObesity

Postby shubla » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:13 pm

I think 99,9% of fights are not happening in cellar. Or if they are no one uses that .
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:22 pm

i see u reading loftar
ChildhoodObesity

Next

Return to Bugs