Forced Log Out

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Forced Log Out

Postby lanthes » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:32 am

Recently, I have been having issues keeping my character logged into the game. If I stand idle for for than 15 seconds, I get logged out. If I open my abilities screen I usually get logged out. There are also many instances where my character freezes unable to move or interact. In both of these cases when I log back in I am told that I am already logged in and have to wait to get back on. Does anyone know how I can solve the issue of getting logged out? It is extremely persistent and is making play nearly impossible.

I am running Windows 7 with the most recent version of Java and I have had the problem on both the default client and the updated Ender Client.
lanthes

Re: Forced Log Out

Postby loftar » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:35 am

Looking at the logs, your connection to the server is timing out, which means that the Internet connection between you and the server is bad. If you use Wifi at home to connect, it is not unlikely that the fault is with an unreliable wireless connection.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby lanthes » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:45 am

I am on a shared network through my school using a wifi connection. I'm not sure that there is anything I could do to remedy such a thing. Any ideas?
lanthes

Postby loftar » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:13 am

Not really. Wifi is generally hopeless to try and debug when it doesn't work properly (not to conclude that that's necessarily the problem; it could be something else on the route between you and the server). If there's a wired connection available, try it instead.

You could also do a traceroute to the server and see if that tells you where packet loss occurs.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Return to Bugs