Client crashing / "Already logged in"

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Re: Client crashing / "Already logged in"

Postby loftar » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:26 am

Xequma wrote:My adapter does cycle through various addresses (two to be exact). I'm not sure why it does this but that is probably why it drops so rapidly.

Interesting, and a bit strange. I mean, unless you installed some extra software or something, the DHCP client program should be the same regardless of what adapter you use, so there's no obvious reason why it should behave differently just because you change the adapter. For sure, though, this is almost certainly the reason your connection is dropped, since that will make your router assign a different NAT entry to either IP address.

If this were on Linux, I'd check the logs to see what requests the DHCP client does and why, but I know of no way to do that on Windows. Analyzing the actual DHCP traffic with a tool such as Wireshark might perhaps help. It couldn't possibly something weird like this adapter actually cycling through different MAC addresses or something?

Either way, if you can't find any reason, you may want to consider borka's suggestion and simply assign a static IP address.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Previous

Return to Bugs