Client crashing / "Already logged in"

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time..

Client crashing / "Already logged in"

Postby Xequma » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:13 pm

So I'm using Ender client's and quite frequently throughout the past few days I've been randomly getting booted off the game and sent back to the Login screen, and whenever I try to hit the "Login" button it says "Already logged in" for a bit, then most of the time having to restart the client to get rid of the message, only for it to happen again a few seconds later.

Can anybody help me?
Xequma

Re: Client crashing / "Already logged in"

Postby loftar » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:21 am

Looking at the logs, your connection is repeatedly timing out, which means that your physical connection to the server is bad or shaky. You should probably traceroute the server to see if you can find the hop that is misbehaving. If it's a case of bad WiFi, that might be remediable.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Xequma » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:29 am

Okay thanks. How do I "traceroute the server"?

Cheers ~
Xequma

Postby Xequma » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:03 am

Okay I figured out how to traceroute and here's what I came up with

I also am using a Netgear AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter to enhance my internet connection, and I noticed when I unplugged it and tried to log back into H&H the game ran okay, but immediately when I plugged the adapter back into my computer, I was booted off the server. This is a problem because the adapter does enchance my internet connect, yet doesn't seem to work with H&H.

Any ideas here?
Xequma

Postby epicless » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:27 pm

Xequma wrote:Okay I figured out how to traceroute and here's what I came up with

I also am using a Netgear AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter to enhance my internet connection, and I noticed when I unplugged it and tried to log back into H&H the game ran okay, but immediately when I plugged the adapter back into my computer, I was booted off the server. This is a problem because the adapter does enchance my internet connect, yet doesn't seem to work with H&H.

Any ideas here?

Have you been using that adapter only recently?
Haven and Hearth News, Tutorials and the Stories of My Humble Journey
Epicless' Blog | Epicless' Youtube Channel
epicless

Postby Xequma » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:31 am

Yep, only been using it for a few days.
Xequma

Postby loftar » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:49 am

Xequma wrote:Any ideas here?

The error mode leads me to believe either 1) that your adapter cycles through various DHCP addresses on the internal network or 2) that your router is spuriously dropping NAT tracking entries for your connection to the server. I cannot imagine imagine any way that behavior #2 would change just because you change network adapters, however, so you may at least want to check for behavior #1. Just monitor the IP address assigned to the adapter and see if it changes over time, and especially when the disconnects happen.

EDIT: Actually, it's not as if it couldn't be a client bug. You may want to verify whether the default client does the same thing.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby borka » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:37 am

Is it a Notebook / Laptop with build in WiFi card? If yes do you have it disabled?
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Xequma » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:55 pm

loftar wrote:The error mode leads me to believe either 1) that your adapter cycles through various DHCP addresses on the internal network or 2) that your router is spuriously dropping NAT tracking entries for your connection to the server. I cannot imagine imagine any way that behavior #2 would change just because you change network adapters, however, so you may at least want to check for behavior #1. Just monitor the IP address assigned to the adapter and see if it changes over time, and especially when the disconnects happen.

My adapter does cycle through various addresses (two to be exact). I'm not sure why it does this but that is probably why it drops so rapidly. This may be pushing your knowledge, but any ideas on how to channel it to a single address? Also it doesn't seem to be working with the normal client either when the adapter is plugged in.

borka wrote:Is it a Notebook / Laptop with build in WiFi card? If yes do you have it disabled?

It's a laptop, but the adapter is external.
Xequma

Postby borka » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:06 am

check at windows forums for your version how to appoint a fixed IP adress to the adapter - it has to be in the same range as your routers IP adress (Standard Gateway IP) and in the same subnetmask - TCP/IPv4 example:

router is 192.168.1.1 and 255.255.255.0 - you'll appoint 192.168.1.12 and 255.255.255.0

(in the example i made it .12 to make sure it doesn't use an IP adress already appointed in your Lan network)

btw. the traceroute i find a bit weird:
1. is the Google Fiber Network Box (Router) with a Standard IP assigned for private Lan use
2. (AFAIK) is another Standard IP assigned for private Lan use <---- :?
FYI:
3. + 4. are Google Fiber Kansas
5. is Google Fiber Mountain View
6. is Tinet(GTT) NY
7. is Tinet(GTT) Seattle
8. is Tinet(GTT) / Hetzner CX Paris France
the following are Hetzner Network
borka

Next

Return to Bugs