Don't use a boat

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Don't use a boat

Postby czaper2 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Ahh, I'm bored for an hour. Can you direct me to the fine print please? I'd like to make sure all the t's are crossed and i's dotted.
czaper2

Postby Silushun » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:01 pm

Granger wrote:
bdew wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:As for refunds of any kind... good luck with that.

Can always try to dispute it on paypal.

Are you just suggesting to commit fraud?

Once you start taking real money that "i'ts alpha, no reimbursements for bug" thing doesn't really work anymore.

Every software (not only games) has a 'no reimbursements for bug' EULA clause.
Read the fine print next time before clicking 'accept' on something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglZGSwK6ow

You can't really blame him for the servers being poo, they were poo on HnH1.. lagg every minute for about 5 seconds, rubber banding, click delay... It's always been like that.. in fact I think the server runs better now with all these people than it did with 150
Silushun

Postby Reeyfer » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:56 pm

Yeah I would have thought that they would have written the new code of hafen so that if you log out (or the server crashes) in a boat you log back in it :roll:

Permadeath is a great mechanic, up until the devs leave in lots of known bugs for years that can kill you at no fault of your own at any time. It's not like you can even say 'don't boat while it's lagging,' because the server can crash without any noticeable lag on your end. I had very low latency last night, click response was almost immediate, but the server still crashed constantly and I died swimming from what was presumably a lag spike (had over half a bar of stam left on my screen when I drowned). Also it's not like you can NOT boat, or worse swim, in HnH. I mean I guess in some areas there are places big enough to move around and refresh resources without crossing a body of water, but not where I spawned lol, and HnH has always been pretty river heavy. So your choices are don't play when the servers are crashy or die a lot due to there being nothing coded to save you from the fact that the servers are ALWAYS crashy, especially around new world start.
Reeyfer

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:01 pm

bdew wrote:Once you start taking real money that "i'ts alpha, no reimbursements for bug" thing doesn't really work anymore.

Yeah, it kinda does. It's still Alpha, and we're choosing to support its development by paying. You're kind of signing on for the risks of bugs, issues, and server wipes.

This is the digital wild west, here there be bugs and cracks in the face of reality. Not for the faint of heart.

And before you say "No it's not 'choosing' to support it, the game requires money now!"...

Someone hold a gun to your head and make you punch in your Paypal information pal?
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby D00mHouse » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:53 pm

It's good to see I'm not crazy in thinking I'm justified in my asking for my character back. :D
Also I would never waste my time trying to get back $15 over something like this. I actually believe in supporting jorb and loftar for making this game, but at the same time it sucks to flush 5 hours down the drain.
D00mHouse

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar