Payment alternatives

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Payment alternatives

Postby kilakan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:54 pm

h3retostay wrote:since it's still in ALPHA stage I think $15 until the final release would be very fair...

I'd be totally happy with a 1-time-buy of 15$ until a 'release'. AS it is I have friends who can't afford the 10$ a month and I am considering paying for them. I'd be more open to 'gifting' copies of HnH to them instead of paying each month.
World 2-7:Random Nonsense
World 8: Lawspeaker of R'lyeh
World 9:Lawspeaker of R'lyeh/Tartarus
World 10:Lawspeaker of R'lyeh
kilakan

Postby ptm93 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:57 pm

aikidragon wrote:
ptm93 wrote:
Denkar wrote:ANOTHER one of these threads? PLENTY of feedback has been already given to jorbtar and they said they'd consider it and talk about it and perhaps do some changes when they meet up on Monday. Until then making any more of these threads is pointless.

Seriously, you didn't see the 100+ pages of the announcement thread? Or the 80+ pages of the "P2P plan" thread? Come on man.

Exactly. I didnt read 100+ pages of random posts, with eventually some suggestions, or other 80+ pages of kids crying.
Thats why i made this thread, that would be focused on it.

While I do not directly accuse you of anything, there is really no need to read all the nonsense that's been going on the forum. A Search function resides on the forum and it works like a charm.

I'm not denying that there are already some suggestions, but i didnt see any threads to exclusively think in alternatives. Now please, stop. If necessary, mods will close this.

h3retostay wrote:since it's still in ALPHA stage I think $15 until the final release would be very fair...

Fair, but maybe not enough for them. The real problem for me, is that a dollar is really expensive atm in my country.
ptm93

Postby 0909red » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:57 pm

If anything you have it the wrong way around, you should pay less for a game in its alpha stages and pay more for a final product. But as the other person said its 'eternal alpha'.
THE RAKE AWARENESS
Show this to 10 friends or the rake will get you.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=43766
0909red

Postby chrisfitz » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:28 pm

To my understanding it seems like some people do not understand some of the p2p options. I think it isn't as bad as everyone seems to think. Now let me start off with saying yes I know it was a free game up in till recently and I can see why people are upset. The developers did not announce it to my knowledge what-so-ever (please correct me if I am wrong) and kind of sneaked it in last second. Possibly it was a marketing tactic as to not ruin the hype but I believe they could have mitigated the rage of some players. Now let me start with my opinion of the p2p option with some mathematical models and some dimensional analysis to show that it isn't so bad.

Ok so there are several different pay options that I'm sure we are aware of.

First there is the subscription model starting at (10 - 50) usd/month going to (72-300) usd/year x 1 year/12 months which is (6 - 25) usd/month. Additionally you get an in-game item upon these subscriptions.

Secondly there is my ideal option which is buying a month of play time for 15 usd/month. Now here is where it gets interesting. A month of game time equates up to 30days x 24hrs/day = 720hrs of play time. If you are playing 24/7 it will last you only 30 days, which Is not possible due to sleep/work/school/life or whatever it may be. So lets say you play 12 hrs/day which some of us are not able to do, but then that 720 hrs of play time will last you....720hrs/12hrs a day = 60 days. But lets say you play even less during the week. For instance lets say 4.5 hrs, now 720hrs/4.5hrs a day = 160 days! thats approx half a year of play time for only 15 usd. Which equates to 2.8125 usd a month. And can you imagine if you bought a year of game time? It would last you about 2 years.

So my word to everyone is please stop raging and before jumping the gun..try to understand the payment options. Haven is a great game and I had many wonderful hours playing it. The only thing i wish wasnt changed was being able to play with friends right away but oh well.

Have a great week everyone!
chrisfitz

Postby ptm93 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:34 pm

chrisfitz wrote: Secondly there is my ideal option which is buying a month of play time for 15 usd/month. Now here is where it gets interesting. A month of game time equates up to 30days x 24hrs/day = 720hrs of play time. If you are playing 24/7 it will last you only 30 days, which Is not possible due to sleep/work/school/life or whatever it may be. So lets say you play 12 hrs/day which some of us are not able to do, but then that 720 hrs of play time will last you....720hrs/12hrs a day = 60 days. But lets say you play even less during the week. For instance lets say 4.5 hrs, now 720hrs/4.5hrs a day = 160 days! thats approx half a year of play time for only 15 usd. Which equates to 2.8125 usd a month. And can you imagine if you bought a year of game time? It would last you about 2 years.

So my word to everyone is please stop raging and before jumping the gun..try to understand the payment options. Haven is a great game and I had many wonderful hours playing it. The only thing i wish wasnt changed was being able to play with friends right away but oh well.

Have a great week everyone!

Sadly, you're wrong.
You pay 15$ for 1 month GAME time. Not Play time.
"Game Time lets you play completely unrestricted while it lasts, regardless of how much time you spend logged in. In other words, it works the same way as a subscription once used." - Store, The
"Play Time is only consumed while you are logged in and playing." - Store, The

They seem to be diferent things. If i'm wrong, someone please tell me, and i'll buy it right away.
ptm93

Postby Mistmonk » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:40 pm

Would be happy with $5/m down to $3/m with a full year sub. Heck, even make it a Hatless subscription!

Alternatively, Subscribe to Win. The game goes full F2P but you get power benefits with a subscription like faster LP gains. Unlike regular P2W in a cash shop, Subscribe to Win is capped in power benefits. Money = Power... More Money =/= More Power. Sub prices remain the same.
Mistmonk

Postby chrisfitz » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:50 pm

"Sadly, you're wrong.
You pay 15$ for 1 month GAME time. Not Play time.
"Game Time lets you play completely unrestricted while it lasts, regardless of how much time you spend logged in. In other words, it works the same way as a subscription once used." - Store, The
[i]"Play Time is only consumed while you are logged in and playing." - Store, The

They seem to be diferent things. If i'm wrong, someone please tell me, and i'll buy it right away."

Perhaps I am wrong, I have yet to even attempt to purchase anything because I am a college student and would rather spend my money on beer :D
If that is true then why offer the same thing but one is 5 usd cheaper and you get in-game items? Perhaps the devs should clear this up and/or made it more clear instead of using legalese
chrisfitz

Postby ptm93 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:55 pm

chrisfitz wrote:Perhaps I am wrong, I have yet to even attempt to purchase anything because I am a college student and would rather spend my money on beer :D
If that is true then why offer the same thing but one is 5 usd cheaper and you get in-game items? Perhaps the devs should clear this up and/or made it more clear instead of using legalese

The 15$ one is tradeable. The other isnt.
ptm93

Postby chrisfitz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:22 am

ptm93 wrote:
chrisfitz wrote:Perhaps I am wrong, I have yet to even attempt to purchase anything because I am a college student and would rather spend my money on beer :D

The 15$ one is tradeable. The other isnt.

Well don't I feel dumb now. I should just stick to chemistry and physics :P
On the plus side I won't be distracted from my studies
chrisfitz

Postby travelingbum » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:55 am

travelingbum

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar