1700+ players to 500 in 2days ...

General discussion and socializing.

1700+ players to 500 in 2days ...

Postby kalimyr » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:41 am

Titles says it all ...I am a fan of haven and have been playing / following for a good 4-5years ...But the whole ''big change" thing is gonna slowly kill the game ...First p2p which i guess i can understand even tho i find it a little bit pricey for an early alpha ...But then they removed the arrow system which basically makes it so that you can't play with friends ...This whole game is about community & the sandbox aspect ...being able to play with your friends is a major +++cons in any game ...At this point what i would like to know is the roadmap ...Where is this going exactly Jorb & Loftar ...What are your intentions with all those changes and whatnot ?!
kalimyr

Re: 1700+ players to 500 in 2days ...

Postby Felkin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:48 am

With thinking like that... Please leave :)
Felkin

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:49 am

There's a non zero segment of the population, myself included, that warned this would happen. Hardcores are toughing it out, but this has basically killed the non-hermit casual playerbase completely.

I don't see why we should be surprised. This is an MMO, people want to play with their friends.

And for the hardcores who are being all vet tough about this: Who you gonna raid and trade with now?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:50 am

kalimyr wrote:Titles says it all ...I am a fan of haven and have been playing / following for a good 4-5years ...But the whole ''big change" thing is gonna slowly kill the game ...First p2p which i guess i can understand even tho i find it a little bit pricey for an early alpha ...But then they removed the arrow system which basically makes it so that you can't play with friends ...This whole game is about community & the sandbox aspect ...being able to play with your friends is a major +++cons in any game ...At this point what i would like to know is the roadmap ...Where is this going exactly Jorb & Loftar ...What are your intentions with all those changes and whatnot ?!

Honestly I met up with all my friends within a couple of hours of the community map coming into play. It's not that hard to find people in the spawn area.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Cayur » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:52 am

Audiosmurf wrote:
Honestly I met up with all my friends within a couple of hours of the community map coming into play. It's not that hard to find people in the spawn area.

this, its rlly not that hard to meet up with everybody, takes a few hours at max
Cayur

Postby ddraig » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:53 am

kalimyr wrote:Titles says it all ...I am a fan of haven and have been playing / following for a good 4-5years ...But the whole ''big change" thing is gonna slowly kill the game ...First p2p which i guess i can understand even tho i find it a little bit pricey for an early alpha ...But then they removed the arrow system which basically makes it so that you can't play with friends ...This whole game is about community & the sandbox aspect ...being able to play with your friends is a major +++cons in any game ...At this point what i would like to know is the roadmap ...Where is this going exactly Jorb & Loftar ...What are your intentions with all those changes and whatnot ?!

well after reconsidering and calculating gametime, 6$/10$ a month is not that much, what is your problem? Sure it was so sudden, even if someone has mention it before. Anyway worth subscribing after 1 month till everything settles up
ddraig

Postby Felkin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:53 am

I'm not judging the point about a low population, but ,rather, his "1700 to 500" statement. Nothing is known yet until the game time ends on most people. Of course it's 500 now, because it's 3am in Europe. Most are asleep now. + the initial wave is gone, which would have dropped regardless of anything the devs had done.
Felkin

Postby bitza » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:59 am

well it's already monday morning in some parts of the world, and i'm sure some of these people have to go to work today (so that they can pay their subscription fees to haven ¦] )
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby Killface » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:04 am

Sevenless wrote:And for the hardcores who are being all vet tough about this: Who you gonna raid and trade with now?

Had a blast when there were less than 100 of us, will do so again.

Gentle and polite reminder to please leave keys to claims and any cash shop items you may have stolen in containers in your houses when you quit, along with any food items arranged by FEP type.
If you could signal us with a runestone by the gate when ready, it would assist in this transition process immensely, thank you.
Jackard wrote:kvc has eleven secret herbs and spices
Killface

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:14 am

Please stop making threads like these. Please continue all discussions about p2p in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=39713
As for party arrows and meeting up, the devs have already conceded the point and are planning on changing it.
TeckXKnight

Return to The Inn of Brodgar