Hey Kids!

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Hey Kids!

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:41 pm

neeco wrote:There are flaws as there always have been, but the game is hardly ruined.

Not sure how long you've been around, but seems like that half the player base left (from the forum posting, anyway) after the major changes to the LP system from W4 to W5 (introduction of curios, no more grinding activities to make LP).

Nothing against anyone personally, but there can be a certain attachment to the way things worked just right, and that's fine, and (and I know I'm being gruff) some people just get butthurt when that gets changed somehow.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby neeco » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:34 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Not sure how long you've been around, but seems like that half the player base left (from the forum posting, anyway) after the major changes to the LP system from W4 to W5 (introduction of curios, no more grinding activities to make LP).

Nothing against anyone personally, but there can be a certain attachment to the way things worked just right, and that's fine, and (and I know I'm being gruff) some people just get butthurt when that gets changed somehow.

Only since w8 (w9 really before I start playing seriously). I understand your point, and I really haven't been around as long as you have to compare to those old worlds. But haven has kept me coming back for quite a while now. I enjoy the game. I know 100-300 people isn't a lot for many games, but I think its decent for haven's history (?). Some things do suck, but I would hardly call it ruined by any means.

Just my take anyways.
W9: Hermit
W10: LS of EoCity
W11: God King Emperor of the East [Retired]
W12: Wouldn't you like to know

jorb wrote:The running server is the test server.
neeco

Postby Jalpha » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:05 pm

I think much of the playerbase which is drawn to this genre finds those kind of grindy elements soothing or something. The quality improvement system of Wurm is a good example of such a mechanic functioning well. I will always encourage the devs to retain the curio system in some form though. I like it as well.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Grable » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:58 am

One of the reasons I left was the change from aesthetic isometric 2D to this weird and ugly 3D that H&H uses now.
Grable

Postby maze » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:17 pm

I play to explore, build, trade and the community.

I dislike Stats & Attb once they get to a point of over 300.
That's normally my benchmark and I don't really try to go higher regardless if I can.

Clothing, rings and everything that add stats seem meaningless to me when we have infinite stats.
if we had stat cap clothing become more endgame (trying to gild as much as possible)
adding special events that increase stats become more end game.
and kingdom buffs before more end game.

there a lot of people who feel infinite stats are the only endgame.
and then there pvpers (main the top factions) who are constantly trying to feed them selfs to compete with others and be the better titan.
What need bigger farms and then bigger farms are harder to work what makes either burn out or a need of a bot.

I can see how stats and grinding can be appealing, but I always say it's the major part that is holding haven back.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Potjeh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:03 pm

Yeah I pretty much quit because keeping up in stats and quality means you have to play when you don't really feel like playing. Even a RL job lets you take days off.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Vigilance » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:24 pm

i play on and off to see whats new every so often so im not completely lost in a new world

i just hope one time i log in and the combat is good, raiding is a thing again, and the game isn't a larp paradise after a very small window of game time.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby shubla » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Vigilance wrote:i just hope one time i log in and the combat is good, raiding is a thing again, and the game isn't a larp paradise after a very small window of game time.

I hope this never happens.
You raided my village in w5 at least.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Vigilance » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:34 pm

i did a lot of less than great things in past worlds. not really my style any more for whatever reason. :roll:
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby overtyped » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:33 pm

painhertz wrote:So how's the game doing these days? For the first time in years I actually forgot Haven existed until I was on a forum for an upcoming game and it made me recall. I mostly play Ark these days with some No Man's Sky and Fallout 4 thrown in, looking forward to Fallout 76. What have you all been up to?

Sorry, but bob dole highly doubts someone with 6000 posts would forget about this forum. That's like 1/5 of your lifespan right there.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar