World 11 facts (from the stream)

General discussion and socializing.

Re: World 11 facts (from the stream)

Postby linkfanpc » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:47 am

The hype builds!
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby vatas » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:35 am

linkfanpc wrote:The hype builds!

Off-topic, but I would like to know the context of your signature quote.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Hrenli » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:06 pm

vatas wrote:Off-topic, but I would like to know the context of your signature quote.

There is a search button... ;)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=106&p=562&hilit=Sharmakookel#p562
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Damon_Cooper » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:02 pm

I think 99% of the list couldn't be called "facts" it was mostly to quotes-out-of-context from 2pll chating about how do they see w11...
Enjoyment's alternative account
Damon_Cooper

Postby Yorla » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:07 pm

No, they are "more or less factual (to the extend it's possible in the circumstances) things said there" as it was proclaimed in the disclaimer. But it's too long for the title, don't you think? :)
And here I should apologize for my spelling... But I won't! Deal with it :P
Yorla

Postby Damon_Cooper » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Yorla wrote:No, they are "more or less factual (to the extend it's possible in the circumstances) things said there" as it was proclaimed in the disclaimer. But it's too long for the title, don't you think? :)

World 11 "facts" from stream - not too long?)
Enjoyment's alternative account
Damon_Cooper

Postby Hrenli » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:32 pm

Damon_Cooper wrote:I think 99% of the list couldn't be called "facts" it was mostly to quotes-out-of-context from 2pll chating about how do they see w11...

Please give me an example where out-of-contextness is misleading so I can reword the phrase better.

If you are referring to the fact that W11 is not launched yet and all what is said is a subject to change, my argument is that it is implied and I trust the average user of this forum to be smart enough to figure that.

The beginning of OP is dedicated to the reasons I did it. If you are not satisfied with it - move along, create your own. :)
Hrenli

Postby CaddoPuma » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:41 am

Hrenli wrote:
Damon_Cooper wrote:I think 99% of the list couldn't be called "facts" it was mostly to quotes-out-of-context from 2pll chating about how do they see w11...

Please give me an example where out-of-contextness is misleading so I can reword the phrase better.

If you are referring to the fact that W11 is not launched yet and all what is said is a subject to change, my argument is that it is implied and I trust the average user of this forum to be smart enough to figure that.

The beginning of OP is dedicated to the reasons I did it. If you are not satisfied with it - move along, create your own. :)

Perhaps a better title, and more accurate, may have been "W11 Prophecies from the Oracles of Seatribe" But I dont care about the labels, I care about the contents. And on that you did a mighty fine job and I applaud your efforts.
CaddoPuma

Postby Hrenli » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:07 am

CaddoPuma wrote:Perhaps a better title, and more accurate, may have been "W11 Prophecies from the Oracles of Seatribe"

Well, it doesn't really matter to me too. I could have agreed actually, but as I am bored I'll continue arguing (a bit) just for the sake of it. :)

A fact is something we know is true and what can be proven. The world 11 doesn't exist yet. But there is a list of divine ideas about how the new world is supposed to be. Here is a lit of those ideas. Each statement in the list (apart from Jorb's base being a mess) is supplemented with a proof of the timestamp when Them said that, which makes each item a fact by definition.

As for the prophecies - I have made another post here for our speculations. Those are prophecies (and therefore bullshit by definition).

Here is an example. When I say "I am going to have a stake for lunch today" it's not a prophecy, it's an intention. Any record of me saying that would be a fact of statement of my intentions. Later on if I really eat stake for lunch it would also become a fact (which could be proven by asking me or by checking the bill or whatever else). But if my colleagues would be discussing earlier today what would I have for lunch that would be prophecies. :)

Jeez... I talked myself to feel hungry now.
Hrenli

Postby Agame » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:57 am

I see this really useful topic just as a written reminder for J&L of what they, our Creator God's, said this world will become. So that we all know if they change their minds later. Nothing more than campaign promises this month, but next month...
Vigilance wrote:just remove midgets, they suck ass and serve no function besides annoying people.

As a rule of thumb, everything that makes life easyer and less boring/grinding for players is a great idea. Everything that makes the game harder is crap coming from sadistic tendencies of Jorbtar helped by the few players with the same kind of disorders.
Agame

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar