Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby iamahh » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:53 pm

a new world is probably going to have fewer mods, if any mods at all, so the population will take a hit

there's a trend to keep mods private, as an advantage or something

the client code is not the easiest to understand, whoever was familiar with it probably is not playing anymore

I've been trying to make little changes, but nothing is obvious and performance is tricky

the more features you add the more trouble you get next update, unless some kind of magical modding hooking points is provided for some modding stability, the less people will want to deal with modding
iamahh

Postby Chevredoux93 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:59 am

Maybe that's not a big issue for lot of players but i won't play again until satiation / hunger is reworked, in a way more like w10.
Lot of tasks need high stats (mining especially), fighting too, and the actual eating system is very boring. I understand why the changes have been made, but the solution is worse than the previous problem, especially for players like me who don't bot and can't log in regularly, but still can play a lot of hours / week. "Casual +" player so to say.
On the other side it's easier than before to mass produce food, crafting is less tedious, for me it was very good improvements to the game, so it's even more frustrating not to be able to eat it all for stats.
I always end up with tons of food which i can't eat, and can't even sell because everybody has easily the food they need and don't need to buy some more. Then i have to play like 6 months logging every day for XX stats, if i want to go through endgames / advanced features. And because i have 10 times what is needed, nothing to do, producing more wouldn't have sense. I butcher tons of animals to keep my herd living and growing in quality, just throwing their meats and everything away, until i get bored of such nonsense and leave. I'd like to use it all, eat il all or sell it, i'd like to improve my base to be able to craft more and more production with same playtime but hey : that's useless.
Chevredoux93

Postby vatas » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:23 am

Chevredoux93 wrote:Maybe that's not a big issue for lot of players but i won't play again until satiation / hunger is reworked, in a way more like w10.
[BIG SNIP]

This may just highlight another problem in the game, but basically solution to every issue you raised is: make alts and feed them.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Chevredoux93 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:52 pm

That's not a solution, alts won't go faster to eat and gain stats. Ok you can make a pure strenght alt for mining (which is not really safe), but still you have to gain hundreds or thousands of stats, so it's the same more or less and won't change a lot.

I already had alts, usually 1 for going outside or mining, another for crafting. But that's not the problem. The problem is, when you get to a point where production is by far superior to what you can use or eat (about 1 month of playing for me), then there's nothing much to do if you dont like pvp or hunting. There's no use in crafting when you have great halls full of food that take 6 month to be eaten. I think it's not just a problem for me who likes to produce a lot, but also for economy and exchanges. Previous worlds i could eat my production, or sell it, or use it to feed a combat alt or villager who needed tons of food... there were good reasons to produce the more we could. Now it's useless most of the time. Almost nobody need more food than what they produce already, that's visible on open markets, no needs for food.
Last edited by Chevredoux93 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chevredoux93

Postby Rebs » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:57 pm

Chevredoux93 wrote:That's not a solution, alts won't go faster to eat and gain stats. Ok you can make a pure strenght alt for mining (which is not really safe), but still you have to gain hundreds or thousands of stats, so it's the same more or less and won't change a lot.

I already had alts, usually 1 for going outside or mining, another for crafting. But that's not the problem. The problem is, when you get to a point where production is by far superior to what you can use or eat, then there's nothing much to do if you dont like pvp or hunting. There's no use in crafting when you have great halls full of food that take 6 month to be eaten. I think it's not just a problem for me who likes to produce a lot, but also for economy and exchanges.

Then don't produce as much?

I too find it gets boring once you have stockpiles and stockpiles of resources but I have recently cut down on mass production to a "Just in time" management style which keeps me interested a lot longer, and aids for smaller more manageable bases.

Or just invite friends to join you until the supply and demand equal out?
Rebs

Postby Chevredoux93 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:07 pm

Rebs wrote:
Then don't produce as much?

I too find it gets boring once you have stockpiles and stockpiles of resources but I have recently cut down on mass production to a "Just in time" management style which keeps me interested a lot longer, and aids for smaller more manageable bases.

Or just invite friends to join you until the supply and demand equal out?

Sure i dont produce as much because i quit for boredom. Crafting and producing is 90% of my playtime, so if it's useless then i'm useless / it's useless that i play.

I invited some friends yes, but 1/ there are not much people who want to play the game 2/ most of them want to have their own business and not be fed by m (and it's also not my goal to work for others and replace their own work, even if it's already done that was not intended for this :p ). Frankly, when you have a decent base and production infrastructure, it's easy to mass produce. With 1h a day i produce maybe 10x my needs, and it's just a little part of what i'd like to build and produce if it was useful. A new player who wants to do something, will also easily cover his needs.
I don't think it's good for the game that a player like me, not even a great player, can feed an entire village, maybe 5 to 10 people eating the same as me or as they can, just playing 1 hr a day (or even less).
And it's really frustrating when the production processes, storage processes, selling processes ... have been greatly improved. It would be possible and far more enjoyable than before to make really huge production facilities, that could give villages or factions some advantages, that would give economy a boost. And a greater motivation to play for players like me who spend mosts of their time crafting and not hunting or pvp. Well, i suppose, at least.
Chevredoux93

Postby NeoBasilisk » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:08 am

meus wrote:
jorb wrote:In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • We are working on a bigger implementation. Might be a few weeks.

We once had tri-quality system... It might be coming back :mrgreen:

oh god please no

can't wait to find a Q72-65-15 clay node
NeoBasilisk

Postby Zampfeo » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:18 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
guy who did not lose because of bots wrote:I only lost because of bots
Therefore bots should be banned
Therefore the reason the game isn't x100 more popular is a lack of ineffective custom client detection & bans

every time lol

There's 100 bots for every player
Therefore banning bots would make the game x100 less popular
You see 100 hearthlings playing
But really it's just you and 100 bots
Zampfeo

Postby Alsgart » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:12 pm

w13
Alsgart

Postby Raffeh » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:28 pm