Funny / Embarrassing stories/pics this world.

General discussion and socializing.

Funny / Embarrassing stories/pics this world.

Postby Mazikeen » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:46 pm

I'll start. I'm still pissed about it.

I've been stuck on "flay a beaver" for what feels like forever now, as in my prepared searches I have never seen one.
So of course, late, late last night, I was full of foragables, and I spot the fucker. I drop everything in the water, head to shore and quickly make some shit quality arrows and head back out.

Fun fact, shit quality stone arrows will do NOTHING to a beaver with 20ish mm and a q10 bow. Ko'd.
Salty as fuck, I noticed i was green energy so i went for another round after barely waiting for 10 health. Ko'd again.

Realizing I'm a late night zombie, I ported home and hopped in a bed. I haven't logged in today yet to look at my wounds :lol:

TLDR: Don't play while extremely tired :(

What's yours? I know you got em ¦]
Last edited by Mazikeen on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazikeen

Re: Funny / Embarrassing stories this world.

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:56 pm

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=70261

So far this world I've read a really embarrassing thread :^)
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Re: Funny / Embarrassing stories/pics this world.

Postby Mazikeen » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:57 pm

He really needed to post that here, let's be honest.
Mazikeen

Postby iamahh » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:07 pm

so far I got jumped by a fox that wasn't even hunting my chicken

luckily I had just upgraded my equips and was able to defeat it with a few deep cuts
iamahh

Postby VDZ » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:28 pm

On day 1 I figured a river was narrow enough to swim across. 40 asphyxiation damage. (Fortunately, asphyxiation heals rather quickly.)

Like some others, I found out about the 'picking up a fox's prey makes the fox aggro you' change the hard way. So far it's been my only concussion on my main this world.

I made the mistake of trying to light my smelter using an Everglowing Ember. I am now back to using a torch :(
VDZ

Postby ogey » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:52 am

Made a mistake planning my base and had to move everything several tiles south, terraforming included.

Clicked on some crabs.
ogey

Postby kirion » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:11 am

Turns out not setting up your combat action bar before aggro'ing your first bat is a bad idea. Who knew.
kirion

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:06 am

kirion wrote:Turns out not setting up your combat action bar before aggro'ing your first bat is a bad idea. Who knew.

Don't feel too bad. You're not the only one that did this.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby displaced » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:49 am

i was checking out a newly build palisade, unfinished, way too close on a swamp. thought i'd give them a note.

Then out of the blue, someone RAN towards me, knocked my from my horse, ran away to a boat and hearthed away lol.
It was like a cartoon thing where someone tried to bully me, the only thing what was missing was "ha ha" from nelson.
displaced

Postby Archiplex » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:41 pm

i was out hunting and talking to a friend, started to kill a boar with a bow (mind you i had 5 ua at the time) and my horse ran out of stam, but i kept fighting it around some cliffs while tabbing out to talk periodically, figuring "whats the worst that can happen anyways lol, i have 130hhp"

apparently the worst that can happen is that a very angry bear runs to the top of the cliff i was abusing to kill the boar as i climb up, aggro me instantly, and then down me while i'm descending the cliff (into the boar) and then execute me on the spot

i went from "i'm totally find lol" to "i'm dead" in about .5 seconds
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar