Public Thingwall map

General discussion and socializing.

Public Thingwall map

Postby VDZ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:20 am

I know a lot of people are skittish about sharing any info about their immediate vicinity, but I've found Thingwalls to be very useful for travel; particularly trade greatly benefits from having them. However, actually finding the things is a very time-consuming process. As such I'd like to share the Thingwalls I've found so far with you and ask you to add any that you know of and are comfortable with sharing with everyone else, so we can all extend our fast travel range.

Use this URL to access the map: https://vatsul.com/HnHMap/map?markers=3 ... .92&zoom=4 (be aware that any markers you add to this will be publicly visible!)

EDIT: The map was vandalized. For now, here's a read-only copy of the map: https://vatsul.com/HnHMap/map?markers=e ... .84&zoom=3 (any changes you make on this will not be submitted to the server and will be lost when you close/refresh the page)

EDIT2: Markers have been re-imported (thanks to Shubla for adding this feature) and you can add Thingwalls again. You can also make a personal copy by clicking this link to start a new map, clicking 'import & share markers' and entering the public Thingwall map URL.
Last edited by VDZ on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
VDZ

Re: Public Thingwall map

Postby ogey » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:36 am

Going from what I had found I assumed there would be 1 or very few per landmass to facilitate sea travel so I'm surprised to see that cluster down in the south.
ogey

Postby VDZ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:39 am

ogey wrote:Going from what I had found I assumed there would be 1 or very few per landmass to facilitate sea travel so I'm surprised to see that cluster down in the south.

It's clustered like that everywhere, those are just the ones I found so far. They're pretty close together usually.
VDZ

Postby Burinn » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:10 am

ogey wrote:Going from what I had found I assumed there would be 1 or very few per landmass to facilitate sea travel so I'm surprised to see that cluster down in the south.

They're literally all over the place.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby ogey » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:36 am

I guess I was just unlucky, then. Those 3 do form a nice route from the south to the middle continent, though.
ogey

Postby VDZ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:41 am

ogey wrote:I guess I was just unlucky, then. Those 3 do form a nice route from the south to the middle continent, though.

That's related to how they work. You can only fast travel from one Thingwall to a neighboring Thingwall (not just freely to any other Thingwall you know). Thus, if A neighbors B, and C neighbors B but not A, you need to travel from A to B, then from B to C. (You don't have to wait for the fast travel to complete each time; the moment you select a destination you get its menu before the fast travel finishes, allowing you to pick your next destination if you're chain-traveling.)
VDZ

Postby Scilly_guy » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:17 pm

Well done for making this VDZ, I had been thinking about it but know that I am simply too busy IRL to take the time to do it. I will add the ones I know about to you map.

Ogey, read my thread about Thingwalls, they are quite easy to find once you know how. Look up Voronoi Diagrams and turn the realms overlay on.
Scilly_guy

Postby VDZ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:05 pm

Scilly_guy wrote:Well done for making this VDZ

At this point, most of the Thingwalls on there were contributed by others. I just got the ball rolling.
VDZ

Postby kirion » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:17 pm

Cool stuff.
kirion

Postby wolf1000wolf » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:44 pm

VDZ wrote:
Scilly_guy wrote:Well done for making this VDZ

At this point, most of the Thingwalls on there were contributed by others. I just got the ball rolling.

I helped contributed! 8-)
wolf1000wolf

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar