I liked Haven 1 trading better, it got weird now

General discussion and socializing.

Re: I liked Haven 1 trading better, it got weird now

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:21 pm

Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Sevenless » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:15 pm

If I trade with my local hermit friends while in a village, I legitimately make shit up that I sorta kinda need when asked to trade. Just giving them free stuff makes them quit because they have nothing left to achieve, but a developed village produces everything a hermit does but better quality with less effort (not even talking about bots here).

I don't know the solution, and with the existence of tokens we've guarenteed that most major trade will be tied to that.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby gravesmerch » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:47 pm

a previous world small market had "circular stalls", or something, that you could sell item in one stand and buy in the next stand, idk exactly how it worked, but you could buy and sell mats, even curios, as long as quality was enough
gravesmerch

Postby Dawidio123 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:03 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:...

Wasn't this the market whose owners printed tons of coins to buy the super hql tools posted by trollex with insane prices as a joke that nobody should be able to afford, and then they got all bought out the same day?

On a more serious note, in my experience trading by PMing the person is almost always superior, not only the prices are usually more fair, you can also negotiate by offering other stuff or buying a lot of things at the same time. I got a lot of freebies too back when i was still trading, people usually throw in something extra if you buy stuff from them constantly or they just feel like it/have some "trash" in their inventory.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:46 pm

No
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby jock » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:31 pm

gravesmerch wrote:a previous world small market had "circular stalls", or something, that you could sell item in one stand and buy in the next stand, idk exactly how it worked, but you could buy and sell mats, even curios, as long as quality was enough

Talking about my market that run supplier stalls. It was a really good set-up, I just didn't have time to play this world to remake it (with improvements).

Basically, I bought almost all curios and tons of other stuff like cheese etc. I set up the prices so they could buy and resell.

This did several things :

1. It controlled coin inflation as coins always returned to the market and kept the coin value stable.
2. It increased the market stalls that had goods, over time I tweaked quality to keep it relevant and to encourage hermits to push up their qualities.
3. It offers the most possible ways for people to earn money, kept stable by the buy limits that were controlled by the resell limits.

Some things had good turnovers like mbc etc. Mostly it solve the issue with needing merchants to constantly update there wares and instead allowed multiple people to just supply the stalls directly.
jock

Postby DonVelD » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:44 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Yes

okay thank you for confirming
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby azrid » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:07 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:I would purchase Q10 edels, gimmermoss, bluebells, morales, etc if it were convenient to do so. Proabably even chantrelles, I don't want to maintain garden pots.

most people probably wouldnt do this
especially in an active village with farmers
azrid

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 pm

Eh, I think you're kinda stuck in a haven thought bubble here. Nearly everything is liquid in every other MMO's economy.

The main reason that doesn't happen here is the effort/"tax" on moving stuff is absurd. Basically every small-medium trade takes longer to perform than just making the thing yourself. The ability to go to a barterstand in your base and trade your x-products-you-enjoy-making for everything you need sounds amazing to me. Would help with burnout a lot over needing to make everything.

Jorbtar will never make the game good tho, so it's dumb to rly argue about
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:The ability to go to a barterstand in your base and trade your x-products-you-enjoy-making for everything you need sounds amazing to me.

Feel free to apply to join Whatever Bay, Rosku will surely consider your application.

On a serious note, the only MMOs that I know where there's true market liquidity for everything are Albion and Eve (themepark MMOs usually don't let you trade much and crafting is often a money sink rather than for profit.)

In those MMOs, most of the things of any real value can only be gathered in the full loot PvP enabled areas. The devs constantly need to ban bots collecting things in any safe zones, which in HnH would extend to bases. But those bots are still prevalent enough that anything collected in a safe zone is so cheap it might as well cost nothing.

It'd be hard to do something similar in Haven, as easily botted food like cheese quickly overtakes most other production a couple months into the game, and most valuable goods can easily be produced in your base with little exterior inputs.

The economy far more resembles a survival game, where items gathered in the world are initially very valuable but fall off in importance as people start to run a surplus and then accumulate lots of wealth, before the server wipes/resets, starting the cycle anew. This incidentally makes botting less attractive and less problematic because the startup cost of setting up botted production is devalued (which I imagine is why you hate the idea of wipes, botting is probably the only reason you've ever been considered competitive and not low tier.)
Robben_DuMarsch

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar