W15: Undisclosed Discoveries Thread

General discussion and socializing.

Re: W15: Undisclosed Discoveries Thread

Postby toonets » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:21 am

Vesena wrote:Seems like you no longer spawn into a random spot and generate a hearth fire at your feet, but spawn at the base of a Thingwall, and until you build your own hearth fire, teleport to hearth fire teleports you to that thingwall.

After a few vortex jumps I suspect now we spawn on different continents instead of the main one, met a lot of people after every jump and near every thingwall I encountered. Might be wrong though
toonets

Postby VDZ » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:15 am

Another unusual seed, 'String Grass'. Can also apparently be turned into flour, as I get 'you need to be using a quern' when trying to grind flour (instead of 'you do not have the ingredients').
VDZ

Postby fulma » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:22 am

a bee dungeon would be a new thing or is this from last world?
fulma

Postby VDZ » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:30 am

VDZ wrote:Another unusual seed, 'String Grass'. Can also apparently be turned into flour, as I get 'you need to be using a quern' when trying to grind flour (instead of 'you do not have the ingredients').

Update on this: When you try to craft flour using a quern, it plays the animation (and you lose the stamina), but once it finishes nothing changes; you still have your seeds and you don't gain any flour. (I discarded the previous plant ("wild flower") before being able to test grinding to flour.)
VDZ

Postby Tubby_Squirrel » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:31 am

kirion wrote:
Sevenless wrote:A little mound of dirt with hazelnuts around it (looks like a squirrel hoard?)

Squirrel dungeons! (very dangerous :lol: )

Darn right! (They can actually have live squirrels inside.)
Tubby_Squirrel

Postby DreadKatak » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:34 am

fulma wrote:a bee dungeon would be a new thing or is this from last world?

Not new, nope.
DreadKatak

Postby Halfrex » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:50 am

Wanted to mention: oranges, not sure if I missed them last world, but since the client doesnt have it on map I assume its new.

Insanely good, q10 gives 0.8 +2 int and 0.2 +1 cha, and yesteryear gives 1 +2 int and 0.25 +1 cha. Got 6 +2 ints in a row, since you can just eat both normal and yesteryear variations.
Halfrex

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:11 am

Do we have any thoughts yet on how the wild crops spawn? Are they more like foragables or more like reeds?
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Tubby_Squirrel » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:35 am

I discovered that punching hedgehogs was, at some point, patched.
Tubby_Squirrel

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:42 am

Tubby_Squirrel wrote:I discovered that punching hedgehogs was, at some point, patched.

I really wish you would never post on this forum again for your entire natural life
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar