This community is exactly why P2P was implemented.

General discussion and socializing.

Re: This community is exactly why P2P was implemented.

Postby jorb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:17 pm

GladiatoR wrote:Is it normal and new players need to get griefed few times to understand that first thing is to get claim or go far far away from players?

Highly.

Im sure 99% of new players woudnt know about this things going on.

Welcome to H&H.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby wazave » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:22 pm

jorb, its actually madness that ALPHA version with low budget where are working 2 people so far cost THIS 15$ PER MONTH! look on other games, World of Warcraft cost the same and what ? and there is never any crash, there is such a great support, blizzard hire a lots of people ( i think 300+) and its final version of their project, so look back to Hafen- many crashes milion bugs, and many others and you want 15$ for that ? are u f**ing serious ?
wazave

Postby jorb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:41 pm

wazave wrote:jorb, its actually madness that ALPHA version with low budget where are working 2 people so far cost THIS 15$ PER MONTH!

I could easily argue that our situation is exactly why you should pay us more than a big name developer. I've asked this before, but would it be helpful to your understanding of our situation if we wrote "Kickstarter" instead of "Store" up there?

Why would you want to pay more for a game that is doing fine and arguably doesn't need the extra money, especially when the correlation between derived pleasure and budget is everything but linear? Does it not make more sense to support the indie:er game?

The game does not cost $15 per month. Read through the store page. One month subscription is $10 and you get a silly hat to boot. Move up to a full year and you get as low as $6 and another silly hat. You can certainly argue that even that might be too much, but could we please have our facts straight?

We did not expect this level of controversy over the store, and we are, I'm sure, going to tinker with it.

Take a deep breath.

Also, million bugs and crashes? I have about had it with this bullshit.

After two years of closed development we've had maybe 10-15 or so crashes since a deluge of players descended upon us and our completely untested server like locusts over the Pharaoh's Egypt. The fact that the server is as of this writing chugging along pretty darn well, handling 800+ players, and having intermittent uptimes of several hours, is nothing save an eternal testament to the genius that is loftar's coding.

Yes. There are a couple of bugs. Most of them are either obscure or occurring under system conditions that we have not tested ourselves. I am sure they will be addressed eventually. Welcome to computer game development.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Cavi587 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Gosh, just forgot to log out, rip 1,5 hours of playtime.

Well, game is good so far. I thought about this P2P system for a while and it doesn't seem to bad for me now. I'm probably gonna subscribe for $10. Sure, it isn't perfect as I would rather pay $7 a month since the game still needs some polish, but I guess that I can live with $10 if the game will continue to be good and the promise of frequent updates will be kept. As far I'm really enjoying the feel of a new world. I've found myself a place like 2 hours north from my spawn point with no human presence at all. Last time I was so happy to play was when W7 happened.

H&H is truly an unique experience, and I'm willing to pay to support it's creators and help it grow.

Now a minute of silence for my wasted 1,5h of playtime
RIP
Cavi587

Postby dooomeik » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:04 pm

Well, Jorb, in Sweden 15$ isnt so much, so for your its a fair price, but for half of Europe, its deffinitly too much.

At least try to take prices a little bit lower, for example 5$ month andd there would be no bigger problem OR make pay once method - like 20$ and u have game forever.

EDIT: Sorry, 10$** - its lowest price in store.
dooomeik

Postby jorb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:06 pm

$10.

$10, damn it.

Edit: Thanks, nice edit.

jorb

Postby vienradzis » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:08 pm

jorb wrote:$10.

$10, damn it.

Edit: Thanks, nice edit.

put description of subscription as first in store page :) then there wont be so much trouble
vienradzis

Postby jorb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:08 pm

Yes, I know it's our own fault. Yes, we are going to fix it.

jorb

Postby RomanRichter » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:16 pm

Well, I must admin, if p2p will drop away big part of assholes, I will shake devs hand!

Frendly notices to topic starter and other:
1. Russians its a race: Slavs
2. Insult Ru player for being from Russian its a nationalism.
3. I need to explain why by insulting Russians you are putting your self on Nazi side? ¦]
Thanks for the game guys! Fish lovers.
Verified Account. Bronse Subscription.
RomanRichter

Postby Stoneface » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:23 pm

Is there some way to get a % of each type for us? So players getting ready to spend their money can see what others have picked before them? Not specific numbers, but some others may be re-assured if they can see a percent of players that went with specific types.

I would also recommend three different "starter packs" or "box" or "one-time purchase", whatever you would like to call it. As well, here is how I suggest adding these and some tangible benefits to them: in the form of verification (old haven access, the free extra 24 hours(maybe up this value depending on the level of pack the customer purchased) added to game-time, a hat (up to you guys which of course, but variety is the spice of life, after all!), and a scaling amount of game-time added per month, like you did with the free extra 24 hours. If you were really generous, you could throw in a free week or two to the top tiers (silver and beyond).

Obviously you could also make there be an extra tier to all of these categories called platinum, for people who REALLY want to support, and have money to throw at you to help with development!

You mentioned Kickstarter, but I would not emulate them entirely, because you are already doing it yourselves, why mess with a working formula (thus far).
We are just looking for a little more transparency and possibly a good place for info, that would be huge. Like a dev-tracker or something of the like on the main page, for community news, social media, patch notes...something a little more reliable than the forums where we have to sort through entire topics of people flaming and arguing.

Even a link to the irc or an auto forum search with your names as the parameters might help some. Perhaps start what these kids these days refer to as "Twitter" or "Facebook" and start using those to communicate things quickly to players, without having others be able to clutter up your messages and updates. Anything at all is a start, I can just see how amazingly helpful it would be, to ALL involved.

For example: 5% of players went with a regular gold yearly, or 1% bought the "collectors pack" gold. Then only .1% went with platinum yearly, whereas .25% went with platinum collectors. 75% of players went bronze yearly, and 50% of the collectors packs were bronze. Then finally 19.9% went with silver yearly, and then finally 48.75% of collectors packs were silver.

Then maybe this % of players are free, this % of players are verified, and these are our subscribers %! Maybe include a hat % bought, but I wouldn't see that as important as people seeing what % of players are spending their money on game time.

Just my long-winded 2c, hope it helps spur discussion at the very least, but a look at your pricing is definitely needed, but I think you see that...just wanted to get some creative juices flowing!!

Best of luck, now to get back to scouring the land for quality!! This game is AWESOME. LOVE THE WORLD SIZE SO MUCH, SO HUUUUUGE <3
Stoneface

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar