User Losing

General discussion and socializing.

User Losing

Postby dinox5x » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:46 pm

Most users ever online was: 1838 on Fri Aug 28,2015.
Today its only 399.
COS MOST OF USERS WERE FREE USERS
dinox5x

Re: User Losing

Postby Avu » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:52 pm

The fact that the server has been down for a while surely has nothing to do with it. Right? And people tend to flock on deadliness anyway after that life gets in the way.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:52 pm

dinox5x wrote:Most users ever online was: 1838 on Fri Aug 28,2015.
Today its only 399.

You know, I'm normally inclined to be trollish about this, but I'm going to try the reasoned approach.

I understand that people are upset about the game no longer being free, hell, I would be if I didn't have any income. But Jorb and Loftar have to make a living, and the game will only improve with them having a steady income to support their coding ventures. That being said.

$15 for 720 hours of play time (1 month of play) is a fantastic model and an amazing value. For the measly price of $.02 an hour you can play this fantastic game.

To put this into perspective, 720 hours of play time is 6 hours a day for 120 days, or 4 months. *4 months* for $15. That's $3.50 a month.

If you're not a no lifer, and can only dedicate 3 hours a *day* to the game, it's $1.75 a month for 8 months.

If you play less than that? Hell, go for the $15 one time verification and play up to 24 hours a month. For a lot of us that's not quite enough, hell, I can blow through 24 hours of play in a weekend.

But some people can only log in for an hour here or there.

If I could make one change to the business model, it would be to make the $15 one time verification give 60 hours a month. That ensures folks can log in and play for a couple hours every night, making them valuable members of their community. Or if they can only play on the weekends for the most part, allows them to binge play over the weekend and not play during the work/school week.

Only us really sick folks need 4-6 hours a night and 32 on the weekends. ;)

Me? I chose to subscribe, it's worth it to me, and I love the game.

But $.02 an hour to play? That's hard to beat.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Setting » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:55 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Today its only 399.

You know, I'm normally inclined to be trollish about this, but I'm going to try the reasoned approach.

I understand that people are upset about the game no longer being free, hell, I would be if I didn't have any income. But Jorb and Loftar have to make a living, and the game will only improve with them having a steady income to support their coding ventures. That being said.

$15 for 720 hours of play time (1 month of play) is a fantastic model and an amazing value. For the measly price of $.02 an hour you can play this fantastic game.

To put this into perspective, 720 hours of play time is 6 hours a day for 120 days, or 4 months. *4 months* for $15. That's $3.50 a month.

If you're not a no lifer, and can only dedicate 3 hours a *day* to the game, it's $1.75 a month for 8 months.

If you play less than that? Hell, go for the $15 one time verification and play up to 24 hours a month. For a lot of us that's not quite enough, hell, I can blow through 24 hours of play in a weekend.

If I could make one change to the business model, it would be to make the $15 one time verification give 60 hours a month. That ensures folks can log in and play for a couple hours every night, making them valuable members of their community. Or if they can only play on the weekends for the most part, allows them to binge play over the weekend and not play during the work/school week.

Are you sure that this is how tokens works? Because is not 720 hours of play time... only from 29/08 to 29/09... not logged time...not play time...
Setting

Postby burgingham » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:55 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:$15 for 720 hours of play time (1 month of play) is a fantastic model and an amazing value. For the measly price of $.02 an hour you can play this fantastic game.

That is not how it works, I thought so too at first. We really need a sticky for that...

The time token model is more expensive than the sub one for the simple fact that you can trade the tokens in game. The sub model should probably be at the top of the shop page to not cause this kind of confusion.
burgingham

Postby Cavi587 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:56 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Today its only 399.

If I could make one change to the business model, it would be to make the $15 one time verification give 60 hours a month. That ensures folks can log in and play for a couple hours every night, making them valuable members of their community. Or if they can only play on the weekends for the most part, allows them to binge play over the weekend and not play during the month.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but it doesn't work like that. You don't get 720 hours, you just get a month of unrestricted time, but when the month passes (let's assume you bought it today, it would expire at 29.09) you will be restricted again, even if you do not play at all.
Cavi587

Postby Avu » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:57 pm

The 15$ time thing is 1 month subscription just like the 10$ the only difference is that it's ingame tradeable token (so pay to win). It's not 720 ingame hours. It's 1 month real time minus whatever server downtime during that time.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Reeyfer » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Tokens are for buying gear not playing ¦]
Reeyfer

Postby Silushun » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:15 pm

I think they should sell Game Hours, not a subscription fee. Hours in Increments for a price.

100 - $5 (16 days)
150 - $7 (25 days)
200 - $10 (33 days)
250 - $13 (41 days)
300 - $15 (50 days)

Each is set at someone playing 6 hours a day (like the fellow posted before hand said with all his maths)
Silushun

Return to The Inn of Brodgar