mmos.com News Article on HnH Eternal Launch

General discussion and socializing.

mmos.com News Article on HnH Eternal Launch

Postby earllohst » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:54 pm

http://mmos.com/news/haven-and-hearth-e ... a-launches

The pay-for-time strategy has proven to be contentious on the Haven and Hearth forums. But it is on par with other subscription games. Ultimately, purchasing a subscription is actually cheaper than Haven and Hearth's contemporaries.

Edit:
He got that one wrong info I think we are given: 48 hours free initially and 12 hours addition free hours every month forever!
Not 12 hours a month for the first 4x month only, this is false.
Last edited by earllohst on Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
earllohst

Re: mmos.com News Article on HnH Eternal Launch

Postby Hawk123 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:57 pm

this bothers me a bit

And Play Time will only tick down while players are logged into the game. So, as a free-to-play player your allocated 12 hours a month for the first 4 months before you're required to spend money on the game.
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
-Anonymous
"Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time,
and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's power - that is not easy."
-Aristotle
Hawk123

Postby earllohst » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:58 pm

He got that one wrong I think we got 48 hours free initially and 12 hours addition free hours every month forever! Instead of 12 hours a month 4x only, this is false.
earllohst

Postby Hawk123 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:59 pm

earllohst wrote:He got that one wrong I think we got 48 hours free initially and 12 hours addition free hours every month forever! Instead of 12 hours a month 4x only, this is false.

Phew got me scared a bit there thanks for the fast reply
-Anonymous
"Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time,
and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's power - that is not easy."
-Aristotle
Hawk123

Postby Reeyfer » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:01 pm

Hawk123 wrote:this bothers me a bit

And Play Time will only tick down while players are logged into the game. So, as a free-to-play player your allocated 12 hours a month for the first 4 months before you're required to spend money on the game.

Ah wow is that how that works? I must have misread it; I was under the impression that you got a bonus 48hrs on a new acct then you could play for free indefinitely for 12hrs a month. So basically there's just a trial period that's mostly useless. Would have been nice if the devs had given SOME kind of warning about the new p2p and p2w (token) mechanics, I recommended a lot of ppl to the new hnh specifically on the fact that it was a free game that might end up with microtransactions, but that the devs were the sort that cared about their game too much to ever do p2w :oops:
Reeyfer

Postby earllohst » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:04 pm

@ reeyfer Sorry for the derail but I like your avatar sir.
earllohst

Postby Hawk123 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Reeyfer wrote:
Hawk123 wrote:this bothers me a bit

Ah wow is that how that works? I must have misread it; I was under the impression that you got a bonus 48hrs on a new acct then you could play for free indefinitely for 12hrs a month. So basically there's just a trial period that's mostly useless. Would have been nice if the devs had given SOME kind of warning about the new p2p and p2w (token) mechanics, I recommended a lot of ppl to the new hnh specifically on the fact that it was a free game that might end up with microtransactions, but that the devs were the sort that cared about their game too much to ever do p2w :oops:

No it doesnt work like that clearly the dude that wrote the article was wrong.
And yeah it was kinda a D bag move by the Devs but they gotta eat too and pay bills
Honestly its okay this Game Time i will dig it but i would like if maybe we could get a few more hours monthly
-Anonymous
-Aristotle
Hawk123

Postby Chaznoodles » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:08 pm

To be honest, they'd probably have got more money and less uproar if they'd posted a big sticky thread asking for donations for their work.
Chaznoodles

Postby Hawk123 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Chaznoodles wrote:To be honest, they'd probably have got more money and less uproar if they'd posted a big sticky thread asking for donations for their work.

Now that i think of it that could have been an alternative
-Anonymous
-Aristotle
Hawk123

Postby earllohst » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Chaznoodles wrote:To be honest, they'd probably have got more money and less uproar if they'd posted a big sticky thread asking for donations for their work.

They could have, they could have not.
earllohst

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar