Server Status Thread

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Server Status Thread

Postby loftar » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:27 am

Okay, I think I'm just going to disable the removal of treatments for now, so that I can restart while I go on figuring out why it happens.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby fatfunnyvalentine » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:29 am

I applied two Yarrows to the same injury on accident (wasting my hard earned Yarrow since it won't spawn anywhere near home) would that cause an incident? it was minor, only maybe at 7, and the server crashed about a minute after I did it.
fatfunnyvalentine

Postby borka » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:31 am

server is up again
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby loftar » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:33 am

fatfunnyvalentine wrote:I applied two Yarrows to the same injury on accident

It shouldn't, but I'm still quite surprised to hear that that would even be possible. It isn't normally possible to put two treatments on the same wound at all, and indeed in testing, I can't treat the same wound with two yarrows. Are you really sure that's what happened?
loftar

Postby Hasta » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:39 am

@Loftar - can it be a custom client issue with auto-apply options? Is there maybe a timeframe that allows to insta-apply the item, unachievable by hand?
Hasta

Postby loftar » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:40 am

Hasta wrote:@Loftar - can it be a custom client issue with auto-apply options? Is there maybe a timeframe that allows to insta-apply the item, unachievable by hand?

I don't see how, for sure. The problem isn't "insta-application", but rather that someone chose to remove a treatment that no longer existed.
loftar

Postby svino » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:41 am

loftar wrote:

It shouldn't, but I'm still quite surprised to hear that that would even be possible. It isn't normally possible to put two treatments on the same wound at all, and indeed in testing, I can't treat the same wound with two yarrows. Are you really sure that's what happened?

did you play around with ancient roots too?

would it be possible to eat an ancient root and click really fast on some treated wound to remove it, under some lag?
svino

Postby loftar » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:43 am

svino wrote:would it be possible to eat an ancient root and click really fast on some treated wound to remove it, under some lag?

No, lag or not, the events are still "ordered" on the server side, so even if the click itself was queued before the wound was visibly gone, that should have had no effect when processed since the targeted wound would have no longer been present at that point.
loftar

Postby loftar » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:49 am

The user who caused the crash doesn't seem to be planning to come online, and is not a forum user, so I'm not sure I'll be able to ask him what he did. (And even if he were online, there is evidence that he might not even be able to communicate well enough in a language that we share.) If someone knows "illusion859", I'd be happy if you could ask him for me what he did.
loftar

Postby fatfunnyvalentine » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:50 am

loftar wrote:

I applied two yarrows on my characters Nicks & Knacks - the first one disappeared as I used it and I was auto-piloting and clicked another one on without thinking despite my injury rapidly counting down anyways

It's not really significant but it was on the same injury. Glad to know it wasn't me lol
fatfunnyvalentine

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar